ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

NTBR Northern Bear Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
25 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Northern Bear Plc LSE:NTBR London Ordinary Share GB00B19FLM15 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 59.00 56.00 62.00 59.00 59.00 59.00 0.00 07:38:41
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Roof,siding,sheet Metal Work 69.72M 1.59M 0.0850 6.94 11.05M
Northern Bear Plc is listed in the Roof,siding,sheet Metal Work sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker NTBR. The last closing price for Northern Bear was 59p. Over the last year, Northern Bear shares have traded in a share price range of 44.50p to 66.00p.

Northern Bear currently has 18,725,276 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Northern Bear is £11.05 million. Northern Bear has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 6.94.

Northern Bear Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2026 to 2050 of 2050 messages
Chat Pages: 82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  74  73  72  71  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
05/4/2024
15:16
"I assume he had something in mind when he bought in, and it didn't come to fruition. I don't think we've ever been able to work out what it was."

If i had to guess i suspect he may have bought in on the cheap fundmentals and hope that some activism beyond what prior board did may make a quick or medium term buck , perhaps when he dug under the bonnet the reality of it is that there is no easy magical solution to transform the business and unlock shareholder value - they probably have daily hard graft done by "key workers" who know way more than Jeff as to how to deliver "reasonable" returns to central kitty pot each year. In some resepcts admiting defeat and exiting quietly rather than revolution that might destroy what value they have may be the best result for all. I would say it might have been possible to streamline and provide enhanced return for shareholders - but i wouldnt presume its a given that that would be deffo possible or practicable. Sometimes in construction/people businesses with key workers if they are too upset with change for change sake they simply depart the building and set up in competition doing it leaner better quality.

rmillaree
05/4/2024
14:59
I assume he had something in mind when he bought in, and it didn't come to fruition. I don't think we've ever been able to work out what it was.
zangdook
05/4/2024
14:21
Would you buy shares here knowing there is such a large seller active?

that depends - i 100% agree with your logic that its sensible reason not to buy if there is a seller in then market normally. However if i didnt hold and was looking to add - then if i valued the company at say closer to 90p and part of the reason its down at 60p could be due to this seller then i wouldnt necessarily be put off buying.

Note one may also take the attitide if he is the man in the know and he is selling then thats enough to tell us everything we need to know ! - in that regard though if he makes his crust elsewhere it seems like his reasons for cashing his chips in are sensibleand out in the open - i havent seen anything to make me think they are pimping up prospects so he can exit? - that would normally be a worry in situations like this.

For us long term holders in no hurry to do anything i actually care more about them simply delivering £2 millish plus pa clean earnings - if they do that at some stage the promised land of 70p plus shareprice should return imho , that could happen whilst Jeff is still selling perhaps. In that regard short term meanderings/depressed price are not really an issue.

is valuation of 6 * 14.5peps = too much to hope for ? - based on history most of the time probbaly yes unfortunately as most of the comments on here only ever seem to knock what mangement do !

rmillaree
05/4/2024
13:57
rmillaree

Post 463 on here

I found JB (former NTBR chairman) on LinkedIn and spoke to him. He's in "no rush to sell" his remaining shares which are now a "small part" of his portfolio and he is "happy to hold them". According to Hybridan, the stock is trading at 4x next year's earnings.

Would you buy shares here knowing there is such a large seller active?
Looking at the trades this week 60p seems to be price they changed hands at.

aimwinner
05/4/2024
13:32
Aimwinner
"So much for him being a long-term patient holder then!"

You have lost me - i have taken the viewpoint that Jeff wants to exit the building - imho that was made pretty clear in the tender offer last october - so imho this isnt a surprise.

per company last October

As part of this strategic review, the Board explored potential exit options for all Shareholders, including Jeff Baryshnik, as the Company's largest shareholder.

Aimwinner
"Seems no reason to buy at the moment."

I would certainly agree that if Jeff is offloading his shares on ongoing basis - or there is the hint he would offload on spike up - then i would say that would explain why the shareprice can perhaps be expected to go nowhere "all other things being equal"

I was actually slightly surprised price didnt drift back down earlier as imho it was reasonably clear Jeff wanting to exit and the one off tender offer were slightly at odds if Jeff needs/wants to sell the rest sooner rather than later.

ref "all other things being equal"
On a more positive note looking at the underlying financials i currently have pencilled in 14.5p normalised eps expectations for 2025 - so i wouldnt say "all other things are equal". the trend in the companies EPS is upward (ok that might be related to tender offer) and we are NOW into the 2025 year - so thats now current years earnings where as previously it was next years earnings. Will be interesting to see if and when the pencil in some figures for next year (ye 31/3/2026 - 2026 year !).

Note if the company is doing nothing other than churning out £2 mill pa in "clean" profits - there is decent hope to presume that that alone may result in upward trending shareprice - imho this is depsite the fcat the next 18 months cashflow may be exiting the building siompky to pay for that tender offer - one cant deny if we own decent chunk more of company and balance shet is back where it was in under 24 months thats not a terrible result. So lets not ignore £2mill ish (plus hopefully) pa of good clean profit should be good news at 60p sharepirce ?

rmillaree
05/4/2024
12:45
Zang

So much for him being a long-term patient holder then!

That explains the volumes but at this rate it will take him forever and where will the price end up.

Seems no reason to buy at the moment.

aimwinner
05/4/2024
12:36
So Jeff's dumped 75k shares, still got 1.6m.
zangdook
22/3/2024
14:14
all i lokked for was broker projections - thats all i ever want to see as the other info i can colate (not saying its not useful to have) - would i be correct in saying there are no broker projections contained ? if thats the case i will also chuckle at that last paragraph.

even if its rehashing prior cvalcualted expectations it gives me some confidence that they are strill on track - ie if they had included broker note say yep expected 11p eps this year and 14.5p penciled in next year - i woudl have gone great looks like there is no profit warning on the way - without it i am thinking why didnt they include.

I would say i suspect they wouldnt have uploaded any of tis info if they were about to warn.

Please let me know if broker forecasts are included in this presentation i very much skim read it.

rmillaree
22/3/2024
11:14
Last para on the last page, made me chuckle, given the views expressed on this thread.
taylor20
22/3/2024
09:31
RNS - presentation -
zangdook
22/2/2024
09:34
Gone ex div of 2p
this_is_me
14/12/2023
21:31
Hardly any shares are being traded.
this_is_me
14/12/2023
10:18
At last IG have come through, taking 63.845%
zangdook
13/12/2023
22:38
That helps George.
this_is_me
13/12/2023
21:01
As I see it, it'll either go up or down.If it goes down, buying back is just free money vs the tender.If it goes up, it's just free money as the shares are up since buyback was announced - and it is accretive allegedly.
sbs
13/12/2023
15:15
Now we have the chance to buy back for a few p less. Probably worth waiting though.

IG have still not produced any cash, or told me how many shares have been taken...

zangdook
13/12/2023
15:08
I found JB (former NTBR chairman) on LinkedIn and spoke to him. He's in "no rush to sell" his remaining shares which are now a "small part" of his portfolio and he is "happy to hold them". According to Hybridan, the stock is trading at 4x next year's earnings.
george1964
13/12/2023
13:45
Disappointing markdown on very little volume.
this_is_me
13/12/2023
10:26
Tender £££ in at Barclays.
A good do, from the 16p of the old days,although only a straight 50% of shares tendered were taken.
Never mind, still a decent holding left to go forward with.

f

fillipe
13/12/2023
07:40
I would order some popcorn but the last few years were not as entertaining as I hoped.
zangdook
13/12/2023
07:32
The next question is what will JB do with the rest of his shares. Will he try to sell them or keep them. I suspect that he will not want to sell them below the tender offer price. However his holding could put a lid on the share price in the short term at least.
this_is_me
13/12/2023
07:26
So N B-D has taken JB's place as major shareholder with 26%. I wonder if he'll start to throw his weight around.
zangdook
12/12/2023
13:09
iweb at least the numbers add up, Tendered 50% of my holding. Of that 50%, 77% converted to cash @ 62p a share.
taylor20
12/12/2023
13:03
I tendered 30% of my holding. Of that 30%, 87% have been removed from my portfolio...

But in 'Transactions' I have cash for twice that amount of shares, i.e. As if the tender offer was for £1.24, or I had tendered and got acceptance on 58% of my total holding.

I'm guessing they will correct the cash entry at some point. There are no documents related to any of this (yet).

taylor20
12/12/2023
12:54
ii have done something, but I'm not sure what...
taylor20
Chat Pages: 82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  74  73  72  71  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock