ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

DEB Debenhams

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Debenhams LSE:DEB London Ordinary Share GB00B126KH97 ORD 0.01P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.83 1.80 1.90 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Debenhams Share Discussion Threads

Showing 32526 to 32545 of 32550 messages
Chat Pages: 1302  1301  1300  1299  1298  1297  1296  1295  1294  1293  1292  1291  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
25/1/2021
12:39
fenners66

Probably greedy landlord shareholders rejecting that offer, who knows.

As for the workers, well they just get trodden on as usual. :(

So many greedy people in this world who gain at others expense and give nothing back.

At least BooHoo is not playing games with the staff.

Do the workers still have their pension fund at Debenhams or was that stolen from them? as seems to be the norm these days!

hyper al
25/1/2021
11:27
"Businessman Mike Ashley, who founded Sports Direct and also owns House of Fraser, had already made an offer for Debenhams after it was initially put up for sale in April.

However the takeover offer, thought to be in the region of £125m, was rejected as being too low."

The directors that rejected his first approach to save them from administration, and those that rejected last year's approach , should be sued by the 16,000 employees who will lose their jobs.

Surely there is an argument that they did not act in the best interests of their staff given the outcome ?

fenners66
25/1/2021
10:25
stevieweebie2

Agree, I loved my Debenhams and the staff were always very helpful. A sad day.

Rent and Rate controls are needed. Why do these parasites demand so much money, when the asset (land/building) has been paid for many time over.

It's crazy that they think it best that their assets be left unoccupied, it should not be allowed. Maybe they are waiting for a war, so their buildings are destroyed and they can redevelop, they love long cycles!

hyper al
25/1/2021
09:52
smartie6

Just need a CME event and that will be end of the Internet and all the online businesses, then what do we do for our shopping? I think it is dangerous to think that Internet businesses are a safe long term investment.

Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) "A tech-destroying solar flare could hit Earth within 100 years"
Link don't post on ADVFN (NO THANKS FOR THE CENSORSHIP) anyway good article in the 'New Scientist' If you google the title.

Humans have very short memories, a bit like forgetting that Pandemics happen every 100-200 years, CME events are a similar event that humans tend to ignore and not plan for. Last CME was 1859

hyper al
25/1/2021
09:43
Maybe the landlords and tax gatherers will suffer now. The high street will only come back if the costs drop and independent small retailers can afford to start a business.

Really sad to see Debenhams disappear from the high street.

hyper al
25/1/2021
09:17
Yes, looks that way DD.

Online is the massive winner it appears. COVID has rewritten history. Time to move on.

Now how many boohoo shares should I acquire?

smartie6
25/1/2021
09:14
KNIGEL

It truly is a bad say although I called the store finished years back I take no pleasure in 12,000 job losses.

The High Street is truly doomed DEBENHAMS like John Lewis are/were anchor stores and would bring in other retailers and footfall.

With Top Shop and the other ARCADIA brands set to close as well the High Street will never be the same again.

According to the news they need to reinvigorate the High Street but offices are also closing leaving the High Street in even a worse state.

debsdowner
25/1/2021
09:13
Boohoo buys Debenhams brand as Asos eyes Topshop

Asos confirmed it is in talks to buy Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT from Arcadia's administrators

By
Simon Foy
25 January 2021 • 8:22am

Online fashion giant Boohoo has bought the Debenhams brand for £55m in a move that will result in the closure of its remaining bricks-and-mortar stores.

Boohoo will relaunch the department store as an online-only operation from next year, but the deal will not include saving Debenhams' shops, which will close for good as part of a winding down of the business.

The update will come as a huge blow to the 10,000 Debenhams staff employed at its retail sites, with administrators saying the deal does not safeguard any jobs beyond the winding down period.

Boohoo said the deal would allow it to move into new categories, including beauty, sport and homeware, as it seeks to lead the e-commerce fashion market. The transaction will be financed through the group's existing cash balance, Boohoo added.

Chief executive John Lyttle said: "The acquisition of the Debenhams brand is an important development for the group, as we seek to capture incremental growth opportunities arising from the accelerating shift to online retail.

"The acquisition represents an exciting strategic opportunity to transform our target addressable market through the creation of an online marketplace that leverages Debenhams' high brand awareness and traffic through the development of beauty and fashion partnerships connecting brands with consumers."

maxk
25/1/2021
08:55
Sad day - btw Phil - at least I was right with WRN although it gives me no pleasure ever seeing proper shareholders lose money
knigel
01/12/2020
10:31
They don't care, they've had their pay off already.

Light is fading fast.

quickquid
01/12/2020
10:08
How do the ex directors feel about their abject failure after today's news ?

No doubt the don't really care....

fenners66
06/4/2020
10:02
An so to the end of this sorry tale!
niggle
23/9/2019
19:18
For those who have had issues with the poster KNIGELK, you may like to know what this TROLL enjoys doing in his spare time. He has been TROLLING the WRN chat board for the last FIVE YEARS - relentlessly so - he does it on a daily basis, morning, noon and night, even on bank holidays and weekends he's trolling away on the WRN board. He claims to be an interested observer who once held the shares, however it is no exaggeration to say that he has posted on WRN in excess of an astonishing 1500 to 2000+ posts over the last five years - all of it negative, all of it attacking both the company and it's shareholders, often bordering on outright defamation. And let's not forget this character doesn't hold a single share in the company. For those interested, you only have to glance back at his posting history to see for yourself the extent of this guy's trolling. And yet he still has the nerve to accuse others of trolling, the guy knows no shame.
philobeddoe
19/9/2019
13:20
debsdowner.

Please do your own research as always.

qantas
23/7/2019
07:11
Robot and debsdowner I did say things got bad go bad.
qantas
18/7/2019
07:57
Qantas , good morning , black gold is hammering up
robot ic1
10/7/2019
22:18
I don't think he should drop his action.
qantas
09/7/2019
08:41
Qantas good morning , black gold liquid hammering up
robot ic1
08/7/2019
12:05
M&G Real Estate have resolved their concerns and agreed to withdraw court action.
Asking Sports Direct to do the same

knigel
08/7/2019
12:00
What news ?
fenners66
Chat Pages: 1302  1301  1300  1299  1298  1297  1296  1295  1294  1293  1292  1291  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock