ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

IHC Inspiration Healthcare Group Plc

1.00 (3.51%)
Last Updated: 08:08:22
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Inspiration Healthcare Group Plc LSE:IHC London Ordinary Share GB00BXDZL105 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  1.00 3.51% 29.50 29.00 30.00 29.50 28.50 28.50 32,385 08:08:22
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Home Health Care Services 41.23M 272k 0.0040 71.25 19.44M
Inspiration Healthcare Group Plc is listed in the Home Health Care Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker IHC. The last closing price for Inspiration Healthcare was 28.50p. Over the last year, Inspiration Healthcare shares have traded in a share price range of 28.50p to 57.50p.

Inspiration Healthcare currently has 68,198,333 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Inspiration Healthcare is £19.44 million. Inspiration Healthcare has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 71.25.

Inspiration Healthcare Share Discussion Threads

Showing 926 to 950 of 950 messages
Chat Pages: 38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
02/2/2024
10:26
I have managed to read the broker's note and it is more alarming than reassuring.

I assume the analyst reflects the company's current expectations. This raises the question of why not issue a trading up-date to all shareholders rather than release material news via a broker report that is only accessible to institutions and subscribers.

It appears that revenue will be £6.5m off (£37m vs forecast £43.5m), EBITDA £1.9m vs £5m, EBITA £0.5 vs £3.5m and net debt -£6.4m versus - £1.1m.

The explanation is not reassuring. Apparently, the company has produced £3.5m of goods for a Middle East customer but the "final contract details are not quite in place". The associated margin is 50%. Normally, a company would only produce to a "firm" order either via a PO or contract. However, the company believes the order should be delivered this year.

In the rush to produce this large "undeliverable" order, they appear have disrupted the "manufacturing schedule" to the tune of £1.3m again at 50%. The new facility is supposed to be able to produce £100m, but is spluttering at a third of that.

The last £1.3m just "did not materialise".

The business is barely breakeven and cashflow negative and we currently have 5 non execs including the new chair designate. Given the repeated screw ups, I feel the shareholders would welcome one "ars* kicker" rather than five "box tickers".

The new chair appears to have joined a few days before a major profit warning and surprise covenant breach. Hopefully, recent events will give Roy Davis the impetus and mandate to drive change quickly. Mr Davis, who is very senior, appears to be accumulating several non executive roles. Let's hope he has the energy, time and drive to deliver the requisite change. I fear for the worst, but will await Mr Davis' first public pronouncement or appearance with interest.

The analyst report appears rushed and he waffles on about "repeated bad luck", which is possibly City code for mismanagement. He must be ruing "winning" the mandate from Canaccord!

mtioc
01/2/2024
17:49
trmum. Thanks. Interesting re Porsches. Fingers crossed.
mtioc
01/2/2024
15:32
Thanks MTIOC, having stalked this board for a while now I can only offer the observation that when I found out there were nice new Porsches in the car park at IHC, I assumed the good times were about to role.

That now seems a bit tone deaf by Campbell et al. And my assumptions also terrible.

Old chair seemed happy with everything, as you say, hope new chair evaluates decision making over past few years, not excuses ("error-prone"), and takes some decisive action.

trmum
01/2/2024
12:37
Thanks for clarifying my thoughts here.Holders want this to turn into a reliable small cap growth stock, they seem to have the markets and margins but do they have the management.
gopher
01/2/2024
07:17
Again, this is worryingly poor with the caveat that I cannot read the broker note that may have more explanation.

The business still seems to have lost control of its cash. It should have been de-gearing following the working capital fiasco at the last year end. The business has spent cash (it apparently did not have) on a US acquisition only to breach a covenant a few weeks later. The business seems to be surprised by the cash position otherwise it would have got the waiver before the year end. To have a cash covenant breach at the year end is not good. The year end accounts will show all bank debt as due and payable immediately. Even if they get the waiver after the event, I think it will just be a note to accounts. This raises real questions re the CFO and financial forecasting/controls.

I am not sure I believe the explanation. I doubt one customer or order is big enough to account for all of this. As I have said before, I don't think the current team, who came from running a UK distributor, are capable of running a complex manufacturer that exports across the globe. In my view, they overspent on the Croydon facility (were the pollen free palm trees essential and a good use of shareholder capital?). The recurring capitalistion of labour costs to development suggests actual cash earnings are lower than presented profits. Despite previous warnings, the control environment is demonstrably poor.

That said, I still believe the technology, particularly with a US approval, is worth more to a trade buyer than the current market cap.

I will hold to see if the new chair does not "waste" this crisis. The chair needs to focus the basics of controls, costs and cash. I don't think anyone, and new institutions in particular, will back the current error-prone executive management team. The chair will need to reflect on changes that may be required to that team and whether the expensive non executive heavy Board is delivering value.

If there is not a reaction in the first quarter of this year, I suspect I will depart.

mtioc
31/1/2024
19:19
Yes, no, that's what I meant. So we need good news starting tomorrow at 7 saying there's a waiver.
dogwalker
31/1/2024
18:27
Dogwalker,

We didn't know today that a covenant waiver would be necessary, so it's a bit of a stretch to call it good news.

I think that's why IHC is down 29.91% today (down 16p, from 53.5p to 37.5p).

hedgehog 100
31/1/2024
17:25
Yes, starting with a 'covenant waiver' today, apparently.
dogwalker
31/1/2024
16:44
This is an unwelcome reminder of the serious financial mess they were in this time last year, deservedly obliterating the recent rise in the share price. Need a consistent flow of good news from here to regain credibility.
gopher
31/1/2024
14:35
Money moving to APH , better value health care company
blackhorse23
31/1/2024
09:11
Snakes and ladders!
lindowcross
31/1/2024
07:12
That's a short and unsweet update.
peter27
05/1/2024
11:42
It looks a good deal to me and I will try to get Neil Campbell the CEO to come on the next Mello Monday show to outline the benefits and maybe tell us about the new chairman too.
davidosh
05/1/2024
11:22
This is an extract from an article in Forbes magazine about Airon (written during Covid time) the company just bought by Inspiration.

"Consider Airon, the little ventilator manufacturer that’s at the center of the Ford-GE Healthcare partnership. Eric Gjerde, a former critical-care respiratory therapist, founded the company in 1997 and built it into a respected maker of simple ventilators. But the Melbourne, Florida-based manufacturer produces just three ventilators a day in normal times, a number that Gjerde had increased to 10 a day as the coronavirus spread.

So on March 26, when MedWorld Advisors connected Airon to GE Healthcare, the two companies quickly cut a deal: GE would license Airon’s technology, and Ford would produce 50,000 of its ventilators by July 4. Those machines, which rely on air pressure rather than electricity and sell for about $7,000, are far easier to make than the electronic, full-featured models that sell for $20,000 and up. “They’re complex pneumatic systems, but there aren’t a lot of parts,” Gjerde says. “Cars are much more complex than our ventilators.”

lindowcross
04/1/2024
17:50
Geovest, I agree. Really hard to sell in US without local knowledge and presence. Each state can have different regulations and distributors. Like you I wonder if it is too small.

This suggests that management have a reasonable confidence in FDA approval for ventilators. If approval received and IHC manages to achieve actual sales (both big ifs), it would shift valuation.

mtioc
04/1/2024
15:12
Could be a smart move to buy a small name with a distribution network to sell SLE products. Cheaper than to build a network yourself. Question is: Is it too small? Time will tell.
geovest
04/1/2024
12:55
I think they know enough about Airon and its markets to make this work and have limited downside with earn out clause.
gopher
04/1/2024
10:43
acquisition of Airon looks smart
alter ego
02/11/2023
09:30
SLE 1500 launched
peter27
17/10/2023
09:31
Yes. I topped up at 33p thinking it was a low price. But thought the same at 44p and 51p. Hopefully the business will stabilise and start making money so the share price can recover.
lindowcross
16/10/2023
16:32
It was a no brainer to buy at 32/33p as the Directors did. Should double money in 6 months. I just can't understand anyone offloading below 30p, must be desperate..
lammylover
16/10/2023
15:18
Well done Lammy, it appears the directors heeded your suggestion (at 610) to buy shares.
lindowcross
16/10/2023
09:33
Over £50k Director (and Associated Person) buys around 32.5/33.0p.
Chair bought 100k shares at 32.95p
Decent show of confidence in business at bargain share price.

lammylover
16/10/2023
09:17
Blackhorse23 - why would anyone care what you have switched to? You lurch around from one failed investment idea to the next (CURY, IHC, APH etc) losing money each time and still have the audacity to keep spouting on this bulletin board as though you are some sort of investment guru.
redwing1
16/10/2023
08:09
Switched to APH
blackhorse23
Chat Pages: 38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock