ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

HBOS Hbos

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Hbos LSE:HBOS London Ordinary Share GB0030587504 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 70.10 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Hbos Share Discussion Threads

Showing 25176 to 25192 of 25200 messages
Chat Pages: 1008  1007  1006  1005  1004  1003  1002  1001  1000  999  998  997  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/3/2014
12:22
Charlotte Argyle on the prospects for banks
epiphany99
10/4/2013
04:51
Former HBOS chief executive Sir James Crosby has asked for his knighthood to be removed and has resigned as a non-executive director of Compass Group.

He will also forgo 30% of his £580,000-a-year HBOS pension following last week's critical report into the bank's collapse during the financial crisis.

Sir James served as chief executive at HBOS between 2001 and 2006.

The Banking Standards Commission report called him the "architect" of the strategy that led to HBOS' downfall.

His request will now be considered by a Whitehall honours committee.

On Tuesday evening, it was also announced that he was stepping down immediately from Compass, the world's biggest catering company.

skinny
28/3/2012
12:53
Hi guys?

I saw a video and it reckons this year will likely be a doozy. (I tried displaying it here, but the code won't post, so you'll need to visit the page.)

Here's the pagelink...

At least it suggests where to hide your money (read: protect) and why it might pay to put some in Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, et-al and PM miners.

W.

wstirrup
19/8/2010
21:49
Bank of Scotland to quit Irish market by December
lbo
02/1/2010
18:41
fatboys 72p on rbs fell through
jennyj
04/11/2009
12:51
u still checking in 'ere fatboy?
jazza
03/11/2009
23:14
secret lloy thread ..... ok
donkeystone
11/9/2009
08:16
My 888 horse came in
jennyj
10/9/2009
12:37
Unfortunatly not FB.

Got to keep money around for the latest set of rights issues :(

jennyj
09/9/2009
19:15
HOLD PRESS the fatboy just got back:)

been in china doing a bit of freelance consulting. How are u all doing?

Been off the ball a bit as i have been flat out busy.

any of u boy/girls get get jrp in the end after my tip?

Right off to bed

fatboy1nc
29/8/2009
23:23
Any news on a LLOY or HBOS R/I ive been reading contradictory things?
jennyj
29/8/2009
20:29
jennyj
sorry if you took it the wrong way i was not having a go at you it was just my way off saying im following rbs looking at any thing that could get me back some off my losses on them. sorry again just like im trying to follow fatboy1nc posts which has give me a few entry points and exit points on lly but i jump out a few weeks ago a little early could made another 10-12% now im not sure if ill get another entry point soon.

k1cul
29/8/2009
17:59
jennyj,

think I've got this right...

The APS as originally planned would consist of 39bn 'B' shares (at 50p each) in the first instance and 12bn 'B' shares (at 50p each) contingency if things got worse...

That was back in Feb when things were dire.....things are much better now and much of the assets covered by APS have already been sold, written-down, dealt with etc. etc. so they definitely (IMHO) DO NOT need the contingent £6bn...and (again IMHO) they don't need anything like the £19.5bn first tranche...

The implied capital buffer they would have post-APS is way, way, way over the top.....if Hester were looking after non-HMG shareholders, he'd be looking for a way out of APS as originally planned - just like Daniels is at LLOY..

Whether that will happen, in some fashion, or whether RBS will (and its shareholders) will be left with dilution and excess capital it doesn't need (and never did) is still to be seen...I personally can envisage a scenario where RBS use excess capital to buyback from HMG (giving HMG a bit of a premium over what they paid)....in which case the only people who really gain are the advisers/dealmakers with their exorbitant fees...

...such is the way of things...

Anyways, I'm sure fatty knows more/better so p'raps we should wait for his reply..

:-)

jazza
29/8/2009
17:51
"Jennyj is 888 not down about 10% after you got in pre results"

I bought at 85p see the 888 thread, and im really more a long term investor i havent got a clue about charts, buy signals etc. I normally go by fundamentals, growth, brand, marketing etc etc.

With all the wierd things going on at RBS and lloyds its very hard for me to keep track of the fundamentals. I believe its safe to assume RBS will be making 10 billion again at some point but maybe not for 3 years or so.

fatboy jazza, i dont know if you could help me out as to how the goverment insurance deal will effect the current shares of rbs/lloy, same effect as a r/i if so how much by?

jennyj
29/8/2009
16:26
cheers fatty, will take a closer look...and then see about buying a few on tuesday..
jazza
29/8/2009
09:57
Would be far easier for me to play small caps, but the problem is... i cant get buy's fast and exit without attracting attention.... visa versa i cant find anyway to shorting small caps without questions being asked with the amount i play with. + spreads are sometimes ridiculous.

Unlike big caps (F100) stocks - my trades just get forgotten about lol... don't normal leave a pattern trace for LSE computers to jump on to.

- Its a cyclical play... be at the front end of any real recovery in the economy. 2nd 1/2 of this year should be good.

- Next to no chance of a R/I now (still pos for yell)

- As long as interest payments are manageable, cant see why not... with 1mil daily revenue stream... has a 5% warrant call within the deal. nice:)

- With all the figures i have at hand + a bit of number crunching i can cal... it has about 12-17% each month to op and grow the biz.

- also lol.... Rbs and Lloyds are the two major supports of the 3 year deal. So you and i all benefit in away lol:)

yes jz... reduce debt v quickly if share price is can get to around 60p

fatboy1nc
28/8/2009
20:51
fatboy thanks. but jp have most off the local rags up here add rates are expensive they have tried to centralize all their advertising and they make one fu..up after another reps are always having to give free repeats .
u managed to find uni yet maybe in Barbados if he stuck with bdev from 80ish wish I had that way rbs would not be so sore.
Whats a Bridge n0

jazz if they try to put their rates up any more on adds we will be able to spit peas threw there local rags

k1cul
Chat Pages: 1008  1007  1006  1005  1004  1003  1002  1001  1000  999  998  997  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock