ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

JSM Jsm Indochina

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Jsm Indochina LSE:JSM London Ordinary Share KYG821151092 ORD USD0.000001 (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.02005 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Jsm Indochina Share Discussion Threads

Chat Pages: 1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
06/2/2012
16:58
Ok the payments tipped up based on todays exchange rate....
praipus
31/1/2012
20:52
As usual no payment from Selftrade. Anyone got theirs yet?
praipus
07/10/2011
21:19
QVT upping its holding to 17.86%
praipus
09/5/2011
18:23
Weiss selling some...tarts!
praipus
27/4/2011
10:44
Weiss buying more!
praipus
15/4/2011
19:57
Arbitrageurs moving in QVT and Weiss buying.

To see QVT and Weiss's other known holdings see posts 2 and 3 on the WAM "Tracking the Arbitrageurs" thread.

praipus
11/12/2010
06:35
So they've extended the decision because of the huge interest - which is split about 50% between local(s) and foreigner(s)?
And they're selling at the bottom of the market, or is that just sales patter?
I don't think it's the bottom, not by a long way, yet. It'll be a while before these two (cambodia, vietnam) justify the huge asset price rises, particularly in property, IMHO.

jackpipe
09/2/2010
12:11
I don't buy it. For example, there have been a clutch of new supermarkets and malls opened in just the last month, a a heap of even biggers ones nearing completion. Only expats (and corrupt government officials, or their domestic staffs, depending on rank) go to these places, and many of those are either NGOs (who are set to exit over the next few years), embassy staff, or ... international investors and property developers.
jackpipe
09/2/2010
11:37
I guess this is just a lawsuit, I don't know the outcome:
jackpipe
09/2/2010
11:00
previous directors ousted for "lack of transparency" ? LOL.
jackpipe
09/2/2010
09:49
"These countries have a long way to go, especially when it comes to corruption and quality of production."

Indeed. One of their markets has also seen a huge wave of construction in the last couple of years, much of it is due to complete this year, or to be left half-finished until "conditions improve". And prices have come down marginally from levels that were pushing western levels, but nowhere near enough - but they will, once they start to realise that they might be waiting years for their asking price. Of course you can forget any notion of salary/house price ratio, as it would in the hundreds or thousands.
Luckily many of the construction projects were foreign financed, or paid for with corrupt goverment money, and so the banks are generally OK. Shame you can't buy shares in many of them directly.

jackpipe
04/12/2009
10:25
JSM Indochina CEO Craig Jones talks about residential and retail property investing in Asia

Craig Jones, CEO of JSM Capital Indochina, talks about a property fund management team lead by a builder, producing the highest returns for investors in Indochina, how prices have come down and are now right, and the rationale for a residential build-and-sell plus retail build-and-hold strategy.

JSM Indochina Limited was formed to engage in property investment and development opportunities, located mainly in Indochina. The investment objective of the Company is to provide shareholders with total returns over the mid-to-long term, with an emphasis on capital growth.

The Company's portfolio of properties comprises both operating assets and projects under construction, principally in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

To listen to the audio-interview please follow this link:

ceohunter
02/12/2009
09:55
I've worked in Vietnam and have travelled around Indochina. These countries have a long way to go, especially when it comes to corruption and quality of production.

There is a huge potential over the long term in this area and for the past 3 years have been looking to invest.

Just before the market crash, I was lucky that I managed to all but completely sell out of my JP Morgan China, India and Russian Investment Trusts, just leaving the minimum required in. 4 months ago I re-started my monthly investments in to each of the 3 trusts concerned.

I'm looking at a 20 year investment period in all my investments in the 3 investment trust above and the one I'm likly to open in Vietnam and the Indochina area.

I am seriously looking at opening a monthly investment plan into Vietnam and the Indochina area, but is this the right one?

Mangal - I notice you mention the huge discount to Nav, it may be due to:

"note that JSM Indochina is involved in an ugly fight between directors and a major shareholder."

loganair
28/10/2009
12:47
Looks like a good buy, happy to leave these for the long term
robizm
03/6/2009
12:38
Looks like this is trading at a huge discount to NAV- more than 50%?
mangal
22/4/2009
21:25
Same here I tucked away 15OOO shares in my sipp.
robizm
22/4/2009
15:40
I'm around ROBIZM! I picked up another 25,000 this morning but otherwise there doesn't seem to be much interest. Beats me why not! Well regarded management, huge development potential in the region, cash mountain to take advantage of the current distressed conditions. One to tuck away & I'm convinced this will make me a packet when the global economy picks up again.
barker haines
21/4/2009
12:23
Cash of $179 million & share buyback. Cash is double market cap and property in for free.
robizm
20/4/2009
20:15
IF results show they have not spent much cash then this should fly as valued at $83 million but had cash of $193 million.
robizm
29/10/2008
23:21
Energyi,

Why do you not post on the gold bb anymore? I'm sure I'm not the only one that misses your input!

a.fewbob
29/10/2008
11:19
JSM Indochina Ltd 22 October 2008 For Immediate Release 22 OCTOBER 2008

JSM INDOCHINA LIMITED ("THE COMPANY") Unaudited Net Asset Value as at 30 September 2008 JSM Indochina Ltd ("JSM Indochina" or the "Company") (AIM: JSM.LN) the Vietnam and Cambodian focused retail and residential investment and development company is pleased to announce that, at the close of business on 30 September 2008, the Company's unaudited Net Asset Value ("NAV") was US$1.07 per ordinary share.

For more information please contact: JSM INDOCHINA LTD Tel No: + 84 8 291 3890 (Ext.122) David Nguyen

energyi
29/10/2008
11:18
JSM Indochina NAV $1.05/shr on June 30 vs $0.98 on Dec 31; H1 pretax $22.4 mln

LONDON (Thomson Financial) - JSM Indochina Ltd. reported a rise in net asset value (NAV) at the end of June from the end of December and higher pretax profit and said it expects significant returns over the medium to long term.
The Vietnam and Cambodia focused retail and residential investment and
development company reported a NAV of $1.05 per share as at June 31, from 98
U.S. cents as at December 31, 2007.
For the six months to end-June JSM Indochina reported a pretax profit of
$22.5 million.
The company said it has a pipeline of projects with an estimated gross
development value of over $1.2 billion.
TFN.newsdesk@thomson.com
yos/lam

energyi
Chat Pages: 1

Your Recent History