ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

THAL Thalassa Holdings Limited

0.00 (0.00%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Thalassa Holdings Limited LSE:THAL London Ordinary Share VGG878801114 ORD SHS USD0.01 (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 24.50 23.00 26.00 24.50 24.50 24.50 0.00 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Oil & Gas Field Services,nec 296k -1.45M -0.1825 -1.34 1.95M
Thalassa Holdings Limited is listed in the Oil & Gas Field Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker THAL. The last closing price for Thalassa was 24.50p. Over the last year, Thalassa shares have traded in a share price range of 22.20p to 31.00p.

Thalassa currently has 7,945,838 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Thalassa is £1.95 million. Thalassa has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -1.34.

Thalassa Share Discussion Threads

Showing 4451 to 4472 of 4475 messages
Chat Pages: 179  178  177  176  175  174  173  172  171  170  169  168  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/4/2024
16:44
So to give shareholders some surety in meeting a commitment to cover the losses on an investment where there was some overlapping personal involvement assets were to be sold to meet the promise..."As a first step, non-binding heads of terms have been signed with a potential purchaser, which will be followed by a binding Sale and Purchase Agreement ("SPA"). it is anticipated that initial completion will occur around the end of February 2024."So where are we ..there is expectation in the market for an initial completion by the end of Feb...we are mid April no update.
kooba
12/1/2024
14:38
Thank goodness we managed to get out of LSR in time.

Soukup is a fantasist

tiltonboy
12/1/2024
11:25
No not really..there has been no external funding that might have validated a valuation just seems to suck money in and not really go anywhere over many years.Like all these things you can make them look clever in presentations but if you cant make a product that finds a market then not much point. Also any potential market will not wait for them to get their act together.Also as there are a number of conflicts in the world right now there has been talk of defence capability..looks like the Ukrainians and Russians are both developing submersible drones to attack vessels..often the way that technological advances are made during conflict.The nodes seem to aim at seismic surveys but have previously cited defence possibilities ..but without any customers or revenues difficult to know whether that business has any value. https://autonomousroboticsltd.com/
kooba
12/1/2024
10:49
Kooba,
"Clear as mud" is an apt description for Thalassa's accounts.
Do you have any insight into Flying Nodes ?
There is an imaginative video about these on the co's web-site based, I fear, on artists' impressions rather than physical objects.
THAL seems to have spent about £5 million on their development but has no orders yet !

varies
12/1/2024
09:22
Clear as mud ..a year ago the Chairman promised to pay the company the capital value of a failed investment that he personally was involved with. A year later there appears no certainty of receiving this money and now it is to be staggered over 2 years with no details of the security that shareholders have over the assets. The Ned's need to get a grip on what is going on here. The company effectively has interest free loans out for £4.5m representing a large chunk of shareholder funds on the balance sheet.The discretionary trust loan and now effectively in the form of a property pledged to the company, that we neither own or get the benefit of rental income. We have a market cap of less than £2m which i suppose reflects the uncertainty of just about everything around this business and its management and corporate governance.
kooba
07/1/2024
17:24
Thanks, Kooba.
varies
06/1/2024
22:35
Think the Trust probably owns some shares in the 2 businesses floated out of Thalassa too , both have also fallen sharply. Certainly I doubt the loan is anywhere near covered by its holdings so unsure why this non interest bearing loan is held at full value with there being no certainty of repayment. Lending shareholder funds interest free to buy shares in the company to give employee freebies might not be so bad if the company was successful , when it is not and ultimately exposes shareholders to further potential losses it really questions the regard the board has for its shareholders.
kooba
06/1/2024
19:58
Thanks again, Kooba.
The Discretionary Trust seems to hold 25.71%, say 2 million shares now worth c. £480,000.
I wonder if THAL has any security for the loan beyond this holding. The share price may well have been about 70p when these arrangements were made.
There seem to be good reasons for Thalassa Holdings being registered in the British Virgin Islands !

varies
06/1/2024
14:07
That is true and leads to a conflicted position for Soukup who is the only obvious beneficiary. Controlling the discretionary trust means he has full control of the company ..DS is a trustee. The trust owns shares in the company but owes the company a chunk of money that presumably is secured against the shares. The shareholding now does not cover the loan and there is no obvious way that the debt can be repaid. The Loan is to the THAL Discretionary Trust, the terms of the loan are set with a 0% interest rate however interest has been accrued at 3% as per IFRS requirements, it is the intention of the Company to waive this interest upon repayment of the capital. It's effectively an interest free loan to himself now invested in the shares which have fallen well below the loan amount and there is no obvious way how shareholders will get repaid. Using shareholder funds on this scale and holding such a large equity holding is highly dubious.This all needs tidying up for the benefit of all shareholders..it's a bloody mess and the non executives need to step up and protect minority shareholder interests. Should all be wound up and cash repaid.
kooba
06/1/2024
12:06
Thanks so much, Kooba.
Amongst the assets I see a loan of £1,492,000 to the Thalassa Discretionary Trust, a trust set up for the benefit of employees and presumably managed by Mr. Soukup.
The trust has a large holding in THAL but no information is provided about its other assets and whether it could repay this loan.
Mr. Soukup receives a salary from THAL of over £300,000 p.a. So he may not see an advantage in liquidating the company much as you and l and others might like to see this.

varies
05/1/2024
14:17
That's how I read it...so they are officially at a big discount to assets ( the £3m from property sale to be with the company by the end of March) if you trust the assets outside of any the Cash , Newmark holding and the Property promise. There is however no guidance of where the company goes from here though. As I said the honest thing would be to make a sensible offer relative to that NAV (120p) and go and unwind away from listed markets as there appears no strategy. The updates just are a diatribe on macro markets , nothing new in terms of how the company intends delivering value to shareholders.7.95m shares in issue.Property pledge £3m..38pps10% Newmark £750k..9.4ppsThere was some cash and a few other private assets ..value according to the board all adds up to 120pps.But difficult to get much transparency on how the values aside from above are reached.Maybe should liquidate it and pay the money back..it's certainly not worked as a listed company for most shareholders.Hopefully some clarity at some stage.
kooba
05/1/2024
12:22
With many misgivings I have dipped my toe back in this pool and bought a few more shares.
I have spent an hour studying the full annual report for 2022 available on the company web-site and am not much wiser for it.
l do notice in Note 11, however, that the Tappit investment was not been written off entirely in the 2022 accounts as the chairman had promised to compensate THAL for the £3 million initially invested. "As a result, only the value of the accrued interest and Option value , totalling £1,432,041 has been written off above".
So the asset value presumably includes this £3 million expected from the chairman.

varies
27/12/2023
09:13
Kooba.
many thanks

varies
26/12/2023
17:58
The company had to write off its investment in Tappit a company Mr Soukup had previously served on the board...he also made a personal investment in the company and got that paid back before Tappit pulled the plug. He therefore committed to repay the initial investment £3m ( writing off over £1m of book value on the company's valuation ) . He has done this by pledging that amount through an interest in a property he holds..full details I don't think ever came out. However in the last results they say a property will be sold shortly and one presumes cash put into the business. I do not believe there is a loan from the company to Mr Soukup.The company trades at a big discount to the stated assets ( which includes the Soukup pledge) ..the moral thing to do would be to make an offer to shareholders to take this mess private..he can then unwind it and keep the difference if he can. Having held for too long 60p would do to move on.Jan '23"I will, therefore, exceptionally and on a purely moral basis, submit a proposal to the Board to contribute assets or rights in the amount of Thalassa's initial investment of £3m (equivalent to ~38p/shr). The Board will explore the viability of my proposal with our legal and financial advisors and apprise the Market in due course".Sept '23"-- The Real Estate owned by the Chairman, but pledged to the Company, is currently let until September 2024.Planning permission has and is being sought for certain developments, which it is hoped will increase the value ofthe property. It is anticipated that the sales process will begin in Q4 2023.and that a sale can be completed in Q42023/Q1 2024."Cheap maybe ..but as clear as mud.DYOR
kooba
26/12/2023
13:36
Both are correct..one , the larger figure is the number of shares outstanding .. . The smaller figure is shares in issue..that is the figure to use for market cap , the other issued shares are held by the company in treasury following share buybacks. Number of securities in issue (excluding those held in treasury): 7,945,838Number of securities held in treasury: 12,906,521On Newmark from last report in Sept '2023NWT -https://newmarksecurity.com/• Share price performance of NWT continued to recover slowly through H1 2023. We still believe that, given the age of its chairman and the fact that he has three children, two of whom are not involved in the company, that NWT will, in due course, be sold. We are patient investors and will continue to hold our position.From interimsGROUP RESULTS 1H 2023 versus 1H 2022, unless otherwise stated (Unaudited)• Profit /(loss) after tax for the H1 period under review• Group Earnings Per Share (basic and diluted)*1• Book value per share*2 30 June 2023 vs. 31 December 2022• Holdings* 30 June 2023 vs. 31 December 2022• Cash 30 June 2023 vs. 31 December 2022£0.6m vs. £0.6m* based on weighted average number of shares in issue of 7,945,838 (2022: 7,945,838)* based on actual number of shares in issue as at 30 June 2023 of 7,945,838 (2022: 7,945,838)* includes all holdings ex cashSo according to company net assets per share as at 30th June 121p per share...so if you believe the somewhat opaque assets then the shares trade at an 80% discount to assets.DYOR
kooba
24/12/2023
15:16
Would a kind person please explain the disparity between notes 3 and 11 attached to the results for the 6 months to 30 June 2023 ?
Note 3 tells us that the number of shares in issue is 7,945,838.
Note 11 tells us that there are 20,852,359 shares in issue of US$0.01
Which is right ?

varies
11/7/2023
12:00
The results out yesterday...Unclear when any promised "up to £3m" payment will be coming to the company...and it is difficult to see how the remaining assets are valued to give the 130p claimed asset value so opaque as ever.Considering the huge write off thought shareholders might have some more transparency on valuations!The stock was suspended pending the late release of results."Following the Company's announcement dated 19th April 2023, the listing of the under-mentioned securities has been temporarily suspended on the standard list of the main market from 02/05/2023 at 7:30am, pending publication of the Company's annual audited accounts."Why are they still suspended ..i can see no reason why or any commentary on when they the suspension will be correctly lifted.
kooba
06/5/2023
17:11
THAL has just top-sliced its holding in NWT, after a good recent run for NWT's shares:-

04/05/2023 07:00 UK Regulatory (RNS & others) Newmark Security PLC Holding(s) in Company LSE:NWT Newmark Security Plc

NWT is something comparatively rare this year: a tech penny share that is performing well, both technically and fundamentally:-

Newmark Security (NWT) 56.5p Market cap. £5.3M.

"Newmark Security in 2023: A Transformed Tech & USA Success Story"

Up 71.2% (33p to 56.5p), on a strong return to profitability.

And with plenty more likely to come on both fronts.

Newmark Security (NWT):-

hedgehog 100
14/2/2023
16:53
Well the company says that assets to be sold to cover the moral gap in the accounts. Rather think that shareholders be given an expected timetable for this largesse...weeks months years?We also need a full disclosure of the value of all other assets and how the company intends to create and deliver value to holders. This is a shambles and there is no clarity on anything.As another poster questioned has the company still got leveraged hedges against the market? Might not be that clever on this bounce..not saying i trust it but still it could have cost a company playing against the indexes a few bob.
kooba
11/2/2023
12:17
kooba
Thank you very much for posting the link to the announcement, which I had missed, about the investment in LML not proceeding.
I agree with all you say but fear that THAL may be exposed to large losses on its open short positions as a result of the recent recovery in world stock markets. Mr Soukup's recent pronouncements suggested that THAL had made money on its "hedging operations" earlier in 2022 and that he had re-opened these.
As you say, we can only form a vague idea as to the value of THAL's assets.
Like you I would regard a liquidation worth 60p per share as a very welcome outcome.

varies
10/2/2023
13:33
"In early November 2022, Thalassa was notified by a director of Tappit that the company was arranging a funding facility. The Chairman of Thalassa was a lender under the funding facility but has since been repaid."In November the CFO of Tappit was setting up the vehicle that did the back to back administration purchase joining the board of the vehicle early Dec.This does not help the overall look of what was known before the administration. Why was the Chair lending money to a company that was a principal investment of Thalassa..how did they get their money out so soon to a total write off to Thalassa? Presume a month before but could be closer? Not enough detail on a connected party transaction.
kooba
10/2/2023
13:15
I repeat i think the fair and sensible outcome is that Mr Soukup does the decent thing and buys out minorities at a sensible level relative the the board approved balance of nav which is around £1 post Tappit write off rather than putting more assets in plugging a hole and continuing to pretend this is working for anyone. I think current assets are below historic values so likely lower than the figure in the market..could be more like 70-80p ..but an offer of 60p i would be delighted to accept and jump.Noting the Tappit write off announcement i note Mr Soukup put his personal money into Tappit shortly before they called in the administrator but got his money back. This is a connected party transaction and surely shows he was aware of the company's financial position in the months ahead of failure? But still held the investment at over the capital invested.
kooba
Chat Pages: 179  178  177  176  175  174  173  172  171  170  169  168  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock