ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

STT Straight

0.00 (0.00%)
17 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Straight LSE:STT London Ordinary Share GB0033695486 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 77.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Straight Plc Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1251 to 1268 of 1275 messages
Chat Pages: 51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
29/8/2014
08:40
Correction to my last - payment rec'd today
huttonr
28/8/2014
16:41
I thought the money was due on Aug 26 - nothing at Barclays yet - has anyone been paid?
huttonr
22/8/2014
08:48
Payout on Monday.
this_is_me
31/7/2014
06:20
i wonder if JS will invest in the fund raising proposed by One51plc now!!!!!
gelp
31/7/2014
06:18
actually i dont think the shares will be on aim. one plc announce is below seem to trade at 1 euro.:It is a bit ambiguous looking at one51plc on google. They seem to be private but with a share valuation (Irish - may be different system!)
"
9th Jul 2014
One51 is pleased to update that the Competition and Markets Authority has cleared the anticipated acquisition of Straight plc (AIM:STT), the environmental products and services group, by One51 Plastics Holdings Limited.

It is now expected that the transaction will progress according to the revised timetable announced on 30 June 2014 with the cancellation of admission of Straight Shares to trading on AIM due to take place on 12 August 2014."

gelp
31/7/2014
06:11
Yorkie
no need to wait you can sell in market. will get very close to 78 any way.
I see announcement says one 51 will list on aim. That is very interesting.
The record looks good and this is a smart deal.
Any views?

gelp
30/7/2014
21:00
This has been a good stock for me too. I first bought just over a year ago at the start of the recovery and added on dips last year too. I am lucky I missed out on the pain of longer term holders. GLA
jmf69
29/7/2014
22:21
agree with gelp, although purchaser have got themselves a great deal I don't think we can complain @78p, just a few weeks wait for the money now good luck to JS with his next venture.
yorkie investor
29/7/2014
20:53
I was big fan and managed to clear a nice profit by averaging down big time. That was luck not skill!!!

JS done a great deal in the circumstances and being mortal would have been hard pressed to refuse the certainty of the cash offer.

I think good deal from both sides - and well executed by bidder.
Thank you JS for being open and 'Straight' throughout time on the market.
Shareholders and bankers did not have his nerve when he expanded and frankly let him down in letting price drift down. Had the price held up he would have done more deals I am sure- but that is a symptom of the times.

Coral has featured on these pages quite a lot - does any one have a view as to whether that is the next one to move in a similar manner? - or any other undervalued stock for to reinvest some of the gains from STT?

Good luck all followers any way!

gelp
29/7/2014
13:31
Is anyone still here?? Or sold up and moved on?
jmf69
06/5/2014
19:27
don't think we'll see another bidder JS and board have recommended offer @78p thought they would want a bit more but it's been tough last couple of years and maybe they know something we do t
yorkie investor
06/5/2014
14:56
One 51 have an incredible deal. Cash talks.Still time for a counter bid (must be 10% more to count). Surely there are other interested parties.Still a bargain at double the price to those others with synergy benefits!
gelp
06/5/2014
11:11
Wish I'd noticed the low opening price as buying at under 70p would have been a great short term investment as 78p is 99% a done deal. Still I am happy with my return on my recent investment with Straight. And this company has been a good one for me over the years, and I think Jonathan Straight has done an excellent job overall particularly in the last couple of years.
elmbury
06/5/2014
09:04
Agreed, I thought these would open around 75p i.e. small discount to reflect the fact that the cash isn't due until July. The conditions around the offer look o.k.; can't think a referral on competition grounds is likely.

I've had trouble buying these shares last few weeks due to lack of liquidity so perhaps it's too small for the merger arbs to bid up?

SP starting to move up now though - good news!

makw61
06/5/2014
08:15
Surprised the share price has not moved to the offer price?
jmf69
04/5/2014
15:58
I would have liked the offer to be at a higher price but can't complain with doubling the investment in 1 year. I suppose we'll be getting some news now about what happens and timescales?
jmf69
02/5/2014
21:04
Well I think Mr. Straight and shareholders have done very well here. Lets face it, Straight has been on the brink of administration for 2/3 years. They have done a fantastic job to survive with a very weak balance sheet. The sector is still struggling from cut-backs. Mr. Straight can walk off with a large sum whereas 2 years ago he was at risk of losing everything. If I was a holder I would be absolutely delighted with 78p in cash!

I did hold these at one stage, but sold out at the right time (for once) at about a £1 I think when the wheels were starting to fall off the wheely bins!

I'm in Coral Products these days which looks a safer and better backed operation. I was attracted to this one because Rights and Issues Investment Trust supported the original deal. It's been tough there as well, but looking up.

topvest
02/5/2014
20:47
It's a done deal with the directors agreeing to vote their 40% in favour even if there is a higher offer.

I am happy since I only paid 40p for my small holding last September, so that is just about double.

this_is_me
Chat Pages: 51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock