ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

PEG Petards Group Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 08:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Petards Group Plc LSE:PEG London Ordinary Share GB00B4YL8F73 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 6.75 6.50 7.00 6.75 6.75 6.75 0.00 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Security Systems Service 10.87M 524k 0.0093 7.26 3.82M
Petards Group Plc is listed in the Security Systems Service sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker PEG. The last closing price for Petards was 6.75p. Over the last year, Petards shares have traded in a share price range of 3.00p to 8.75p.

Petards currently has 56,528,229 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Petards is £3.82 million. Petards has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 7.26.

Petards Share Discussion Threads

Showing 6676 to 6699 of 6700 messages
Chat Pages: 268  267  266  265  264  263  262  261  260  259  258  257  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/4/2024
16:10
Anybody else had a call from the Meridian Group(USA) offering to buy your shares. The women mentioned I think £18/share Obviously a scam as this would be valued at 1 billion plus.
packman8
23/2/2024
07:11
This morning's RNS shows yet another new major shareholder who's been buying and now has over 3% - John Peter Lobbenberg has 3.2%, or 1.82m shares:
rivaldo
21/2/2024
19:27
Thanks pldazzle for that analysis.
the oak tree
21/2/2024
16:19
One worthwhile fact has been overlooked, I think, both by Hybridan and in this interesting discussion.

Petards has three active subsidiaries: QRO (ANPR), RTS (rail software) and Petards Joyce Loebl (rail systems and defence).

Per Companies House, in 2023 the results were (turnover/pretax/post-tax):
QRO - £4.422m, £588k, £535k
RTS - £611k, £2k, £22k (so it's relatively minor)
PJL - £6.09m, loss (£725k), loss (£329k)
Group, no doubt reflecting intra-group turnover, head office charges and other adjustments - £10.872m, £178k, £524k.

Thus the entirety of trading losses is down to PJL, which in turn must be mainly down to the absence of major rail contracts following reorganisation of the industry. In the past these have been chunky, often several £m at a time. I hadn't realised before to what extent QRO was now carrying the rest of the group.

It seems clear that, once rail orders return, there will be a rapid and potentially dramatic turnround. Naturally there is no guarantee when this will happen - if at all! - but it 'smells' encouraging and I, for my part, have added to my holding.

pldazzle
20/2/2024
12:22
Hybridan have a new note out today.

They forecast a £0.3m operating profit this year, or 0.9p EPS, with a £2m cash pile against the current £4.4m m/cap.

They have an interesting paragraph in particular re QRO:

"We believe that QRO Solutions will pursue growth opportunities in ULEZ (ultra low emission zone) charges and car parks in the UK and perhaps expand its footprint to overseas markets."

rivaldo
19/2/2024
12:34
Here is a copy & paste from the interim results

Which is very positive imo, including the part about "launch of exciting new products...many of which incorporate artificial intelligence.....increased functionality"

"The Group's businesses have good management teams with strategic plans in place, to achieve growth in 2024 and 2025 with an ungeared balance sheet and the financial resources to support. These include plans for the launch of exciting new products over the coming months, many of which incorporate artificial intelligence and data solutions with increased functionality. The successful deployment of these new products and the improved prospects for acquisitions mean the board remains confident for the future."
-----

Cap. value is now up to ~£4m but it is around half of turnover so not expensive.

smithie6
19/2/2024
12:15
...I agree ..

------

Interesting that a number of buy trades have gone through "after" rising ~20% (3 buys of 20k shares each time) ,
so despite the big % rise someone has kept hitting the buy button.
Interesting.

smithie6
19/2/2024
11:33
The rise is more a reaction to the current stream of contract wins/extensions - three in three weeks - and the crazy undervaluation relative to the cash pile and prospects, likely caused by forced institutional selling, with the share overhang having been cleared by the two Jons etc.
rivaldo
19/2/2024
10:13
And a just few percent of annual t/o, so a bit of an over reaction perhaps.
glavey
19/2/2024
09:20
.."silly cheap"

I agree.

smithie6
19/2/2024
09:06
350k contract doesnt sound much but it is 10% of the market cap. The stats from this company are silly cheap. Its always about being patient with these companies.
the oak tree
19/2/2024
09:02
The part that stands out for me is, this could be sold to many other police forces.

The hard part is getting through the door with org like the police or any other tax payer funded org. So could be quite some roll out.

Not a bad start with 20% up so far.

the oak tree
19/2/2024
09:02
WH Ireland's update note this morning talks about the positive start to this year, and rehashes today's contract win news, until this decent summary in the last paragraph given the mere £3.4m m/cap:

"With a range of fundamentally competitive products in their respective markets, we see real potential for improvement as the rail market recovers and highlight the group’s robust net cash position (FY2024E WHI est: £2.7m). Trading on low single digit P/Es for FY2024E and with net cash making up over 50% of the market cap at the year ended FY2023E, we view the shares as undervalued at current levels"

rivaldo
19/2/2024
08:06
The RNS includes this text
"... for two lanes of ANPR and manages wireless/4G/5G communications for onward transmission of data to the police force back office systems. The DVR option"

Can someone post what ANPR & DVR are ?!

(Sounds like clever stuff....& needed by the police to bring their technology more up to date; surely a lot more potential police orders out there, must be a lot of police traffic vehicles out there)

------

Update
ANPR- automatic number plate recognition

DVR - digital video recording

smithie6
19/2/2024
07:59
...nice contract win.
Share price doing well recently, well it was/is crazy cheap.

----

(Doug74
....agreed that it's great for the UK to have foreign owned car companies doing car production in the UK, but ! generally there is a trend of moving some car factories from Western Europe to eastern Europe where wages are much lower. Some historic British car brands are owned abroad, Jaguar, Range Rover, Mini. If any parts of production are ever moved abroad then it is unlikely they would ever come back !
(Rolls Rolls bodies/chassis are now built abroad, & uses BMW engines I think.
Royal Enfield motorbikes are now I think only made in India.

Strange that most formula 1 car companies are based in the UK I think, except Ferrari, so for racing cars the UK workers/skills are highly regarded)

smithie6
19/2/2024
07:23
Another contract win announced for QRO, this time for in-vehicle ANPR as opposed to the prior contract win for AI cameras.

And it's for a new police force customer too:

rivaldo
14/2/2024
18:02
...I think you misinterpreted the text in my post. It doesn't say what you seem to think it says.

-----

(..& would I want a return to British Leyland cars & the culture of a UK car industry kept alive by Govt subsidies ?
No.
...but subsidies is a difficult topic, looks like the UK steel production sector is getting a lot of Govt subsidies in '23-'24).

-----

(Car industry.
Bit sad that the Germans are able to successfully design & build cars in volume yet the Brits can't. Audi, Opel (owned by GM (USA) ??), Volkswagen, BMW).

smithie6
14/2/2024
17:50
Smithie, You think like my 82 year old Dad. Sure these companies are owned overseas. But the likes of Nissan and their employees pay PAYE, NI and corporation tax in the UK. Or would you prefer British Leyland again? Austin Allegro perhaps?
doug74
14/2/2024
10:44
..the new big shareholders will be happy with the recent >50% share price rise

----
Up about 20% so far today

..while/but is it just £10-12k of shares traded !?
...sure is illiquid

smithie6
14/2/2024
10:42
...hang on to your hats

The MM was willing to pay 5.9p to buy £4k of shares. So, imo the MM thinks there is more to come, or is keen to buy shares to fill sell trades he has already made today.

smithie6
14/2/2024
10:34
Remember on the update when they marked it down to 2.5p bid on the update trying to flush out anybody but would only offer 25k at 3.27p

mm's are absolute crooks now, no wonder most old school stocks have no volume with terrible spreads.

Value outs in the end though

dave4545
14/2/2024
10:25
...."a new era for British manufacturing"

Whatever was the author drinking ?!

Noting that the British own design/label car industry largely collapsed/disappeared in the 60s-70s.
What UK owned car makers still exist, Morgan ?!!!
Did TVR go bust ? Aston Martin, these names are tiny volumes. Jaguar, Mini, Range Rover, Rolls Royce are all owned by overseas companies and are always at risk of losing a % of production to cheaper overseas factories.

And Siemens making Piccadilly trains ...well, Siemens is not a British company. And I think that Britain doesn't even own/have any designs for any current high speed trains.

A new era for British manufacturing, I doubt it.
-----

Has the Siemens Goole factory or Alsthom one (I think they have built some UK trains in recent years) ever exported any UK made trains ?
I doubt it.

----

But the cap. value of PEG is so small if it has just/even small contracts from the UK train/metro sector it can be material to the company's results.

smithie6
14/2/2024
09:50
Another company to benefit from the Siemens factory expansion should be LPA Group.
packman8
14/2/2024
09:28
Good (though not particularly material) to see the £300k contract renewal for RTS's software licences, maintenance and support services:

I actually though this news the other day was much more significant - Siemens (a PEG customer) has transferred a load of train building work from Austria to its Goole factory:

"for a busier-than-expected spring opening, creating 2,400 jobs and signaling a resurgence in British manufacturing. The factory will produce 94 energy-efficient metro trains for the Piccadilly Line, modernizing the fleet and easing overcrowding during peak hours"

And:

"Siemens is setting its sights on securing additional contracts for both the London Underground and mainline railways"

I have no idea whether PEG will directly gain work from this. But perhaps it signals that the hiatus in UK train contracts is at last beginning to break. If so, PEG are likely to be one of the beneficiaries:

rivaldo
Chat Pages: 268  267  266  265  264  263  262  261  260  259  258  257  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock