ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

REG Rare Earth

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Rare Earth LSE:REG London Ordinary Share KYG7386L1059 ORD USD0.001 (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 38.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Rare Earths Share Discussion Threads

Showing 676 to 700 of 700 messages
Chat Pages: 28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
07/4/2024
11:55
Ptolemy7 Apr '24 - 11:09 - 187558 of 187560

So, what's the best Silver stock ?

1. Fresnillo
2. Pan American Silver
3. Hecla Mining
4. First Majestic Silver Corp
5. Hochschild Mining
6. Fortuna Silver Mines
7. Polymetal International
8. Endeavour Silver Corporation
9. Wheaton Precious Metals
10. Newmont Mining

apotheki
28/3/2024
08:35
return_of_the_apeman27 Mar '24 - 08:57 - 7757 of 7758
apotheki
28/3/2024
08:33
SpectoAcc27 Mar '24 - 07:35 - 7754 of 7758

You're looking for low-coupon GILTs, ie with a very low taxable return, but that rise towards their par expiry for a tax-free gain:

Eg T26 & T28 at the top of that list.

Secure, predictable, mostly tax-free return, and can trade out at any time. Pretty much unbeatable.

I'd also be making full ISA, SIPP, JISA, Junior SIPP contributions before 5th April, and same again on 6th April - could get 6 figures of the money into tax-free a/c's very swiftly, more if there's pension carry-back available for both spouses.

Those are then the places to put high yield investments - no shortage of choice atm.

Finally, I'd have some in safe-ish risk assets in each spouse's name, taxable, size depending on their current tax position (I'd do all Gilts if both already higher-rate taxpayers). Eg plenty of 8% infrastructure/renewables/property ITs around.

The options-writing idea above isn't bad, but takes time/knowledge to do covered Calls, and they're not risk-free.

apotheki
28/3/2024
08:30
Alphorn27 Mar '24 - 11:23 - 26140 of 26150

Apotheki, these are my thoughts to the question that you posed on the Fixed Income thread.
--------------------

Facts:

- Individual is 63 years old with two children and is UK resident with no intention of changing residence.
- Funds+inheritance results in £2m liquid plus property.
- Main concern is a focus on yield, balance of risks, liquidity etc. but leaning towards gilts.
- Also has an interest in finding out more about traded options.

Thoughts (Important note - this is in no way to be construed as financial advice):

- Seriously consider that the main focus should shift to estate planning in view of the age and the size of the estate. ie don't worry about current yield if in time a huge inheritance tax bill is on the horizon.
- Think that the 7 year rule for tax free gifts will bring the individual into their 70's.
- Consider allocating the 'pot' into risk free --> higher risk segments.
- Take a view on interest rates going forwards which will drive your views on fixed rate investments.
- Take a view on the likely changes in the political horizon in the coming months. How will that impact you?
- Plan before action!

Traded options:

I currently use InteractiveBrokers. There has been quite big shake up in trading in the UK in recent years.
My 'tweek' here is to use IB for security of funds but to have a small UK broker 'on top'. I know these guys for a long time and you can have long discussions on the market place etc and they place the trades for you. It has worked very well to now.
I used to have considerable funds with Geneva private banks for option trading but this became prohibitive in cost.
(To pursue this idea I would private message you with my contact).

-----------------

IMO to pick possible investments should only follow once the initial thought process is complete. Plan before action!

Comments please - there are many talented posters reading these threads.

I hope that this is helpful.

apotheki
18/3/2024
08:05
donald pond17 Mar '24 - 11:08 - 187094 of 187116

Hosede,
One of the most sensible commentators out there is Barry Norris, manager of the Argonaut Absolute Return fund. He is no permabull and is better known for his short positions than his long. Nevertheless, in the most recent monthly factsheet he says the following, which you should read carefully. I suspect you will totally agree with the second half of it. But its the first you should think on.

Recently there has been a lot of attention on the performance of the so-called “Magnificent 7” stocks: Microsoft, Apple, Alphabet, Amazon, Nvidia, Meta and Tesla. These companies together now have a market value of $13trillion, which is one quarter of the US market, and roughly the same size as all European stock markets including the UK combined.
It might be easy to dismiss the share price performance of “The Magnificent 7” as an “investment bubble” until we consider that they are forecast to make over a combined $400bn of net profit this year (up from $85bn a decade ago). The average share price return from “The Magnificent 7” of 2686% (27x) (in $ terms) over the same period is predominantly explained by the average earnings per share growth (they’ve also bought back a lot of shares) of 1769% (18x) since 2014.
American companies dominate because they have been generally laser focused on profit. Some will of course argue that America simply has a bigger technology industry than Europe but there is nothing pre-ordained about this. “The Magnificent 7” companies were on average founded just 30 years ago (1994) with Tesla (2003) and Meta (2004) founded this century.
Much of Europe is turning its back on capitalism. ESG has spawned a bull market in mindless bureaucracy. Given the onerous imposition of reporting requirements on publicly traded companies (as well as investment funds) and the necessity to appease all stakeholders and special interest groups, how European management ever gets round to thinking about generating a profit is not clear.

apotheki
14/8/2020
17:20
TSXv:RYR

Royal Road

Sector = GOLD

Shares on the cusp of a chart breakout @ TSXv:RYR over in Canada

Tw*tt*r

Tweet

PamplonaTrader
@TraderPamplona

Royal Road $RYR.V stream sediments at Colombia South Block project avg 3 g/t Au. Can't wait for first results.

Per Nilsson
@TheGruvfyllo

The amount of gold in meteorites is known to vary, from 0.0003 parts per million to 8.74 parts per million (Jones 1974). Grinning face with smiling eyes

PamplonaTrader
@TraderPamplona

Bonanza grades. You want to be holding when they drill this bad boy.

cpap man
13/7/2020
16:20
Apart from TSXv:RYR take a look at both TSXv:CUC & TSXv:REG
cpap man
26/9/2017
12:17
John Black was the founder of Antares Minerals and is just performing the same trick he did with them. Should make us a few bob :-)
walter walcarpets
26/9/2017
07:05
MEGA even!
cpap man
25/9/2017
21:58
this is going to be very big
walter walcarpets
26/8/2017
12:33
www.regulusresources.com
cpap man
26/8/2017
12:30
!FOLLOWFEED
Discover Regulus Resources

Regulus Resources Inc. (TSX V.REG) was formed in December 2010 in connection with the sale of Antares Minerals Inc. to First Quantum Minerals Ltd. The Antares team responsible for the discovery of the Haquira porphyry copper deposit, which led to the sale of Antares, is seeking to build on that experience and make another major discovery. Regulus was initially established to continue exploration at the 100% held Rio Grande Au-Cu-Mo porphyry project in northern Argentina. The Company put the Rio Grande project on “hold” in 2013 and began pursuing opportunities for new mineral projects with good potential for significant discoveries. In September 2014, the Company completed a merger with Southern Legacy Minerals Inc. (“Southern Legacy”). The primary objective of the merger was to acquire the AntaKori Cu-Au-Ag project in northern Peru, which is now the flagship project for Regulus. The AntaKori project is located near several large-scale gold and copper deposits and has an initial NI 43-101 resource of almost 300 million tonnes with attractive grades of copper and gold. Management is confident that further work will expand the current deposit to a size that will be of interest to major mining companies.

www.regulusresources.com

cpap man
30/4/2014
17:43
AIM was disasterous for them- and for shareholders, more to the point.
hectorp
23/4/2014
12:55
Ya can here em scream sell sell sell !! as far north as Leicester Forrest Services !
rbonnier
16/4/2014
12:38
Another example of the China syndrome
buywell2
04/4/2014
23:10
Indeed, Pugugly, more that a few meet Mark Twain's definition of a gold mine - 'A hole in the ground with a liar standing next to it'.
vulgaris
03/4/2014
16:41
A real chinese takeaway - Vulgaris - U are so correct -

I wonder how many other mines there out there on AIM waiting to explode and take investors (I use the word in a cynical sense) to money heaven.

Suggest a place to look could be small explorers in minerals and oils also some of the recent iternet listings and also possibly in the clean tech space - Though in the latter some will win through - but which ????

pugugly
03/4/2014
13:00
A company of great advantage; no one to know what it is.....
vulgaris
03/4/2014
06:49
If you guys can see all this, why cant the regulators?
islam1
02/4/2014
20:02
No it was 650M , it £750M

there are 67M shares in issue and this dog floated I think 850p and spike to 1200p,

Mug punters deserve what they get.

bad robot
02/4/2014
19:39
£650m!!!! - surely you are miscalculating!
callumross
02/4/2014
17:29
I think we can write off REG as a one-off exception with zero bearing on the market (for reasons stated in post 126). At one stage it had a market cap of £650,000,000 with zero business and zero resources.
bozzy_s
02/4/2014
14:52
Is the great AIM resource bear market in its death throws? REG's delisting is mentioned as an indicator of a wider market bottom
epiphany99
02/4/2014
10:21
BP, thanks for post 126. Only just seen it today, as a result of the share price crash. Very informative. I've seen P&D attempts, many times, on these BBs by Topinfo and the likes. But never seen a whole AIM listing used for the same purpose.
bozzy_s
02/4/2014
09:05
very interesting posts further up above from B.P. etc...
sorry for any who got into this

abcd1234
Chat Pages: 28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock