ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

PHC Plant Health Care Plc

0.12 (3.46%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Plant Health Care Plc LSE:PHC London Ordinary Share GB00B01JC540 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.12 3.46% 3.59 3.30 3.86 3.62 3.44 3.56 675,665 16:35:07
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Pesticides, Agric Chems, Nec 11.77M -9.48M -0.0278 -1.30 12.36M
Plant Health Care Plc is listed in the Pesticides, Agric Chems sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker PHC. The last closing price for Plant Health Care was 3.47p. Over the last year, Plant Health Care shares have traded in a share price range of 3.20p to 11.60p.

Plant Health Care currently has 341,532,952 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Plant Health Care is £12.36 million. Plant Health Care has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -1.30.

Plant Health Care Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1326 to 1349 of 1350 messages
Chat Pages: 54  53  52  51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
27/2/2024
14:02
So 2023 profits were stolen by 2022 over-purchase by distributors.

Look forward to getting the 2023 TS out of the way. We all know it’s going to be poor. As soon as the destocking issue resolves we can get back on track. I regret the lost year, but we live in unpredictable times.

pretax2
27/2/2024
09:15
More comments on destocking in the crop protection market this morning from Croda i
Crop Protection is developing sustainable crop care solutions as well as delivery systems for biopesticides, launching two new delivery systems, one specially designed for biologicals and the second for drone delivery. Following an exceptional 2022, when Crop Protection delivered both strong double-digit percentage volume growth and price/mix, the business started the year with good momentum, but began to experience rapid customer destocking in the second quarter. Volume weakness continued throughout the second half year, to fall 21% year-on-year with a small offset from positive price/mix, resulting in sales falling 19% overall. In Seed Enhancement, most sales are derived from providing just-in-time enhancement services for vegetable seeds so the business only saw a limited impact from destocking, delivering 9% sales growth driven by strong structural growth trends. Seed Enhancement is winning market share through its leadership in microplastic-free seed coatings which are in high demand following the EU's decision to ban the use of microplastics in agriculture in the next five years

cerrito
22/2/2024
07:47
One way to deal with destocking is to give distributors a new product to stock. Like Saori in Mexico.
Well done PHC

pretax2
20/2/2024
08:45
While I am unsure about the read across between PHC and FMC, I note that in their February 5th results outlook statement FMC referred to continued destocking in the US crop protection market in H1 with some recovery in H2.
cerrito
20/2/2024
07:28
Unfortunatly we know how reliable they are
kaos3
20/2/2024
07:15
A TU documenting the impact of unprecedented de-stocking.
I’m not looking forward to that one.
The forward statement is more important. Most pundits suggest that the de-stocking issue will be resolved by H2. Will be glad to see the back of it.

pretax2
17/2/2024
18:12
I note that since January 23rd when Spreadex finished raising their stake,trading volumes have been low.On the basis that the annual results come out early May, I am going on the basis we will shortly get a TU updating us on events since November 22nd.
cerrito
13/1/2024
20:20
Thank you. Doesn't mean they won't come back to the market, but it looks like they won't do so unless they are left with no alternative.
mjneish
09/1/2024
20:42
Concerning fundrasing I asked JT just before Xmas, his response below.
-------------
ME: Do you still hold the view that no more capital raises are necessary by the company before profits? To do so at the current share-price would be terrible for stockholders.
JT: We would prefer not to go back to the market since it would indeed be terrible for shareholders. If additional capital is needed, we are considering several options that will help us get to cash breakeven.
-------------
Possibilities might include a bridging loan or issuing sustainable bonds perhaps?
The current destocking situation is likely to persist for H1 2024 but new registrations (e.g. Sugar Cane in India) provide the opportunity for PHC to grow their way into profitability. Elsewhere the Brazil PHC field team are going gangbusters promoting Teikko. If they were footballers, they're be in the premier league.
Profits can't be too far away now and they have some juicy tax breaks to look forward to once they arrive.

pretax2
09/1/2024
18:03
Just given them a quick look and have a question about their cash position.

They had about $5.7 million in cash at the end of June after having raised $3.6 million in May. This could be rather less by the end of year, so it's looking a bit tight.

Given that they are moving to just above break-even this year (Cavendish's figures) if there is no slippage, what's the likelihood of a further fundraising this year? Thanks.

mjneish
02/1/2024
08:46
Agreed.
Fortunately the PHC field team in Brazil (who are excellent) have been doing a considerable amount of pre-approval promotion of Teikko; mentioning it at conferences, journal papers and promotional events.
Given that Teikko gives equivalent or better results to conventional approaches, I imagine relative product cost will be a powerful motivator for growers. Other advantages - tank-mix compatibility and shelf life are important.
I tend to think that there’s and appetite for Teikko in Brazil. The article on PHC949 in Agropages was the second most read article in Agropages last year. More importantly, with $215m to go at, there’s huge scope for growth with this product, and that’s just in Brazil soy.

pretax2
02/1/2024
07:44
Good news.
I note the timing of the approval is spot on with what they said in the interims but much sooner than the 1 to 2 years referred to in their May 9 2023 RNS when they announced it had jumped the first hurdle.
No idea why they are not automatically using the Saori distributor.
Be interesting to see how much in revenues they get in this upcoming soy harvest season and the brokers ' forecast. From the top of my head and with all the advantage of ignorance, I would say USd 1m, given how conservative farmers are. I wonder how many farmers like to brag about their ESG credentials, although good that the RNS mentioned the other advantages. Given start up costs it may not wash its face profit or cash wise this season.

cerrito
21/12/2023
21:49
all strange and un usual going on for ... lets say last 12 months

Griffith starts selling
they do not know what to do ... took a look ... maybe sell, maybe this or that
start saying about how good it will all be, so much revenue, new products , boasting ... like a liar who without being asked starts appologizing and explaining the issue

something is going on behind the curtains

if i remember an old bod member went away etc

smells all this

and each item listed can be rationally explained , i know it all, so do not bother

kaos3
21/12/2023
20:58
Thanks pretax2 for sharing that.
I am even more confused.
Yes good that they are reviewing all eventualities
but the way this is worded suggests that they have
little confidence of the (albeit v small) cash flow surplus
forecast for 2024 of the broker.

cerrito
21/12/2023
17:58
JT comment in reply to email 6/12
“We would prefer not to go back to the market since it would indeed be terrible for shareholders. If additional capital is needed, we are considering several options that will help us get to cash breakeven.”

I note ‘if’ additional capital need and continuing confidence about reaching breakeven in the foreseeable future.

pretax2
21/12/2023
09:24
Broker comment "Strong recovery likely in 2024. Looking ahead, with a proven and growing product portfolio showing resilience in a tough market, we continue to see Plant Health Care as significantly undervalued and likely to recover strongly in 2024"
callumross
21/12/2023
07:53
I see that the broker has put out a note and sees closing net cash at the end of this year as £4.8m and end 2024 at £5.1m(down from £4.9m and £6.2m after the interims), reiterating a target price of 42p.
It also notes the issuance of options at a strike price of 1p for 0.51pc of the share capital.
Fair enough but I still think in terms of PR they have shot themselves in the foot.
The only occasion I have had when because of a need to conserve cash directors have deferred cash remuneration was with a pre revenue Biotech SAR about 8 years ago when their liquidity issues were both real and well flagged. Have you folks had any such instances?
While it makes sense for a NED, who as I understand it is associated with RG, to leave there is only one truly independent NED and would be good to get another in.

cerrito
20/12/2023
08:14
They stated that the commercial business was consistently EBITDA positive and cash generative.Inventories have to run down at some point.
geraldus
20/12/2023
08:04
I found the RNS this morning spooky.
Did not appreciate that the liquidity situation was so bad that the executive directors have had to reduce their cash remuneration received over the next year.

cerrito
19/12/2023
21:01
There has been little trading of the shares so far this month so RG is being patient.
At the end of June he had 10.81% so at this rate he will be out in six months time.
I note that in April 2019 he had 36%.
Perhaps the Board/Cenkos smelt at mid year that his selling would depress the price and so got the funding at that time.
I see the other day he increased his holding in Cirata ex Wandisco

cerrito
19/12/2023
16:00
Griffith still selling.
Is he going all the way?
5% left to go. Can’t last forever.
Suspect Griffith is the only reason we’re getting smashed. Sooner he’s done the better.

pretax2
18/12/2023
17:32
Not sure if the closing share price is the lowest ever or just for a v v long time, but there seems to have been very little trading today.
cerrito
27/11/2023
07:48
Let’s see how reliable a morning star reversal is.
pretax2
24/11/2023
09:24
Spooky,
I’m no trader; in for the long term.
I agree the story hasn’t changed. PHC experiencing the downstream impact of covid 19.
Their products are sustainable, work and are selling globally. Most of the research and regulatory admin costs are behind us and we are still showing small growth despite unprecedented levels of destocking across the industry.

pretax2
Chat Pages: 54  53  52  51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock