ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

CVSG Cvs Group Plc

-20.50 (-2.01%)
Last Updated: 13:27:23
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Cvs Group Plc LSE:CVSG London Ordinary Share GB00B2863827 ORD 0.2P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -20.50 -2.01% 998.50 995.50 1,002.00 1,040.00 990.00 1,040.00 228,094 13:27:23
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Veterinary Svcs-animal Specs 608.3M 41.9M 0.5843 16.99 711.75M
Cvs Group Plc is listed in the Veterinary Svcs-animal Specs sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker CVSG. The last closing price for Cvs was 1,019p. Over the last year, Cvs shares have traded in a share price range of 950.00p to 2,226.00p.

Cvs currently has 71,712,970 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Cvs is £711.75 million. Cvs has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 16.99.

Cvs Share Discussion Threads

Showing 926 to 950 of 950 messages
Chat Pages: 38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
22/3/2024
07:43
"As a result of Brexit, the process for applying to work in the UK has become much more complicated, preventing many European candidates from easily migrating. This has contributed to the huge fall of 68% in qualified EU-based vets moving to the UK between the years 2019-2021.

According to Charles Hartwell, CEO of a provider of public health veterinary services Eville & Jones, prior to Brexit, there was a need for approximately 2,000 vets each year – with 1,000 produced by the UK vet school system. This created a gap of about 1,000 professionals filled by vets from the EU, although, which, according to, finished abruptly with Brexit. "

If they arrive in a dingy they'll be fine!

bulltradept
21/3/2024
16:30
I think roddyb is short.

It is supply and demand isn't it.

All the foreign vets have gone home thanks to brexit.

There is massive shortage of vets in the UK

www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/veterinary-medicine/veterinary-medicine-hot-topic-shortage-of-vets-in-the-uk/#:~:text=Is%20There%20a%20Shortage%20of,its%20pool%20of%20available%20professionals.

undervaluedassets
21/3/2024
08:48
Added a few more.
lomax99
21/3/2024
08:14
Looks like you are right, Mr Market is looking for clarity.
bulltradept
18/3/2024
13:38
I am hoping this will recover but there are very valid concerns as to how these companies price their services and fail to disclose pricing and dissuade pet owners from shopping around. The CMA are going to land some blows just as they did with Dignity Funeral services.

Management will be scared to do share buybacks during the CMA investigation and probably scared to pay an increased dividend? They will certainly be delaying purchasing any more UK vet practices.

Not looking good for the next 6 months.

roddyb
16/3/2024
15:18
Re 902 above, it'd be interesting to know Liberum's recommendation & target price now, now that the CMA have decided to proceed.
dogwalker
16/3/2024
12:05
IVC Evidensia are the biggest player in the UK market with around 1000 UK locations (2500 worldwide). They are a private equity outfit, therefore, not mentioned in press. But are more then 5x the size of cvs (ww).

To me, the trend towards larger groups is all about economies of scale, not about exploiting a monopoly (most small vets have a near monopoly in their location anyway). I think it is likely any competition authority will come to the same conclusion. Making these practices cut their price will just close the smaller, less efficient vets and not help the market.

For those reasons I think this will recover over the next few months and have invested here yesterday at 1005. This share price drop could also attract a speculative bid imho. The USA are well ahead of UK, Europe, Australia with large vet groups. I am sure they will be looking at cvsg with interest now!! Huge companies such as Mars (already own 180 uk practices), Walmart etc are in this sector.

wallywoo
16/3/2024
06:37
CVS discount is too high, says LiberumThe discount at which veterinary group CVS (CVSG) trades is 'too high', given the competition watchdog's review into vet practices is likely to prove there is no case to answer, says Liberum.Analyst Seb Jantet retained his 'buy' recommendation and target price of £22 on the stock, which gained 1.4% to £14.92 at the end of last week after its interim results. The shares have shed 21% over the year following the Competitions & Markets Authority (CMA) decision to investigate whether vets were providing consumers with value for money.Jantet said there was not a lot of new information in the result but added that 'we are still waiting for the most important piece of information, being the CMA's initial decision which is still expected in early 2024'.'While the shares have recovered a little over the last few months, they are still trading on undemanding multiples both in absolute terms and in relation to historic ratings, on a current year 2024 embedded value to pre-tax profit multiple of 9.9 times,' he said.'While we accept that the CMA uncertainty warrants a discount over the historic rating of around 15 times, the discount looks too high to us, especially given our view that there is a good chance the CMA will conclude there isn't a case to answer when it next updates.'
lomax99
15/3/2024
18:40
Well that took another hammering today. Below £10 for first time in 4 yrs. Timed my buy badly a couple of weeks ago. There seems a lot of pessimism priced in now. Suspect a gradual recovery will happen but not until more CMA clarity.
wad collector
15/3/2024
09:59
overhang cleared? 50k odd sell reported
tsmith2
13/3/2024
17:58
Mmmm got to stay above a tenner...
bulltradept
13/3/2024
12:14
To add to that CVS also own one of the biggest online pet pharmacies (Animed) so they have that base covered too.
travis2
13/3/2024
11:51
Looking good.
babbler
13/3/2024
06:50
It cost me just my excess when my pets died not long ago. The insurance paid the bills. Only thing they don't really pay for is standard prescriptions. If you can't handle the bills that's what insurance is for in this case.
babbler
13/3/2024
06:48
Totally agree. In my area there are quite a few vets most or all have a waiting list of at least a month and quite a few are independent. Competition is high and there aren't enough vets. Supply and demand means prices are high. That's life. If there was no demand prices would fall.
babbler
13/3/2024
05:29
Well we now have a 2017 share price

And in 2017 the company had EPS of 18p, profits of 14 million and a 271 million turnover.

Is that what we should expect? instead of the pencilled 80-90p in earnings on 50-90 million in profit on a turnover of 670 million?

I do not see that being the case...

Ergo .. cheap

The market panicked today. In the past, I have done well out of buying into panics.

undervaluedassets
12/3/2024
21:18
The prescription issue is a bit of a red herring. If more owners take the prescriptions away and get them cheaper from suppliers then the practices will have to recoup that loss by increasing other fees . Unless the practices make reasonable profit then the vets will walk away . Exactly how the charging structure is formulated does not get round that problem. It is not clear from the CMA report how widespread they think the monopolistic problem is. Doubtless there will be some posturing from the CMA but unless most of the CVS practices are in isolated areas without competition, then they will be in a similar boat to all the practices.
wad collector
12/3/2024
19:28
Point taken, looks as though the CMA may enforce some action on prescriptions, possibly also lab and radiology investigations and cremations. Some groups may have to divest some surgeries in certain areas.
1c3479z
12/3/2024
19:02
My dog is on heart medication, his £400 annual insurance (which is meant to help cover the cost of professional time, investigations,surgery, anaesthesia, nursing and ancillary staff, CPD, drugs,and premises) doesn't cover any heart issues now, so every month we have to pay £66 for 30 pills from the surgery. Until today. As a result of the hoohaa here i checked online for his drugs, £15 for the same. My heart bleeds for them...
aberloon2
12/3/2024
18:39
general public spoiled to an extent by the NHS being 'free' and don't appreciate the cost of professional time, investigations,surgery, anaesthesia, nursing and ancillary staff, CPD, drugs, premises: they expect a trip to the vets to be similarly cheap but are unaware of the costs of running a business like this.
1c3479z
12/3/2024
16:21
Appreciated Dave.
essentialinvestor
12/3/2024
16:14
Hi EII'd pencilled in 95p to 100p eps here and it's historically been highly rated (average PE circa 23x although read somewhere the median is a lot higher?). The CMA issue could change that growth rating, they've achieved 33% CAGR in eps over the last 6 years or so and IMO such a high rating was justified, if their growth is impacted then pick a number!. Would sooner keep this in my watch list now and see how it pans out. It's a binary bet at the moment.
disc0dave46
12/3/2024
16:09
BabblerIf you read the PETS response it comes across a lot more positively IMO, that they have nothing to be concerned with and it won't impact on their growth. Hence I guess the reason for only a 3% drop in share price I'd still contend that admitting they have plans to address issues says a lot, and not reaffirming that their growth won't be impacted suggests it possibly could be. Yes glass half empty opinions but the market seems to take the same view.
disc0dave46
12/3/2024
16:02
been buying all day.

The business still stands

pet owners don't stop going cos of the CMA

Will be viewed storm in a teacup in few years time. And once in lifetime buy opp.

16 million pet owners still need their pets looking after.

undervaluedassets
12/3/2024
15:41
dipped toes at £11
tsmith2
Chat Pages: 38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock