ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

DHIR Dhir India

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Dhir India LSE:DHIR London Ordinary Share IM00B1YC5V43 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 42.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Dhir India Share Discussion Threads

Showing 751 to 773 of 775 messages
Chat Pages: 31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
09/7/2014
19:33
yes, derisory indeed; just as well got out couple of years' back @42p
mangal
09/7/2014
18:09
? these stopped trading ages ago.
daytraders
09/7/2014
17:06
Anyone else received a derisory 10p per share tender offer from Acorn?
rj allen
29/6/2012
14:35
A major sale can be another catalyst:

Let's illustrate with a look at some (current/historical) examples, including Dhir India:

wexboy
31/1/2012
09:27
@tara7: having given notice to the asset manager, the same guy is then behind the bidding vehicle. From what the co had RNS'd, the cash alone should have been higher than the bid (by c.15p). There's plenty more above if you want the facts, but where the share price fell to is part of it (allegedly a big seller but no RNS's).

Still, that's AIM, and if the major s/holders go with it, then tough - no choice but to accept.

spectoacc
30/1/2012
13:53
So you buy in a placing, [something you should nver do,] make the wrong call, see your stock to to just about zero, and then get offered a third back.!

I would say you have lernt a lesson and come out of it very well indeed.

tara7
30/1/2012
13:38
Obviously make a note of those incompetent directors as well as all the dodgy Indian parties here to avoid should their names ever happen to appear on any listed company again EVER, no matter where !!!
envirovision
26/1/2012
07:51
AIM delisting, there's a surprise, though it's the right move when only just over 3% of an illiq co remaining. But "no decsion" whether to do a compulsory purchase on the rest. Surely it's a nobrainer!
spectoacc
24/1/2012
19:36
Nice to get a closure here(@42p) esp because one could pick them up at around 36p even after the offer was announced !
mangal
24/1/2012
17:42
Now the next one for you.

PFO

Prime Focus London

See the last RNS, in the next week we find out what the end game will be, like here i think the stock could jump as they need 75% to de list and only have 65%.

Since the law changed in India at Xmas they can now buy out UK holders with Indian shares.

That would mean a bid, and we all know what shares do when a bid comes along.!!

tara7
24/1/2012
17:10
tiltonboy, I made the decision based on the asset value and risk/reward after a lot off reading and digging around. I dont recall on which share but some years ago you had made good call, so looked into what you were up to here.
lyonst5
24/1/2012
17:00
lyonst,

Hope you didn't buy them just because I had, but well done if you made a profit.

I have re-cycled my money into LMS.

tiltonboy
24/1/2012
16:07
Daytrader, It was sub 16p a month or so back and could of all ended in tears, so even a small loss is a good outcome.

Tiltonboy, only by off chance that seeing you had posted on this board last year that i then started looking into this one more, many thanks.

lyonst5
24/1/2012
15:18
for you winners yes, great news, thx for info thou.

just checked my account and still not as cash for me, should be tomorrow thou, as that was the actuall date.

daytraders
24/1/2012
14:51
Money in today. Fantastic.
tiltonboy
13/1/2012
19:03
Ah, ok guys!
daytraders
13/1/2012
18:51
Daytraders - if I read your post right, accepting an Offer is exactly the same as selling the shares - so you have a CGT liability, not any type of income tax liability.

Generally Risk Arb & other Event Driven investments don't cause any tax problems, EXCEPT where a company in wind-down or liquidation mode decides to return funds to shareholders as a series of dividends. Don't be deceived even if they label them as special dividends - unless they are specifically characterized as a return of capital, you are receiving dividends and you will pay/owe income tax. So, you spend your capital..and then get it back as taxable income!?! Christ.

JSM Indochina (JSM:LN) is one example. Why on earth a company would do this, I don't know...sheer ignorance, laziness or negligence, I guess.

wexboy
13/1/2012
18:45
Daytraders, Well thats when the cash hits the account, it has been a nerve racking ride and the whole deal stinks but a profit is a profit.
lyonst5
13/1/2012
18:40
lyonst5, nice £30K+ profit.
daytraders
13/1/2012
18:39
people were still buying these at 43p today.
daytraders
13/1/2012
18:16
Well i have 150k at average of 20p so hopefully will be able to afford a beer or two tonight.

P.S. thinking about it i will just have the one beer until the cash is in the account, then its going to be a glass of wine.

lyonst5
13/1/2012
18:10
Well i will make 2% after costs from my buy in ?, when given 42p a share, will we be taxed at source like a dividend or not ?
daytraders
13/1/2012
16:48
Thanks guys, I think I can safely assume some of the readers/contributors here helped to make Dhir my top blog post in 2011:

The endgame for Dhir (well, this time 'round!) was pretty much over yesterday with Acorn confirming a 93.1% acceptance rate of its GBP 42p Cash Offer, which is now declared unconditional in all respects. Needless to say, I was one of the acceptees. Settlement of the Offer consideration will occur on Jan 25th.

At this point, I think it's safe to say this investment will return a gross +162.5% since my recommendation in November.

Acorn continues to repeat that they intend to maintain Dhir's AIM listing. Surely Alok Dhir's not arrogant enough to think he can return to the market for funds in due course?! When you consider Dhir India's investments, and some of the other companies Alok Dhir deals with professionally, I think it's more likely he hopes to reverse an Indian business into the Dhir listing in the next couple of years. Eyeballing the average annual listing costs, I think this commitment is probably a sensible enough investment for him.

OK, time to move on - but it will be interesting to keep an eye out to see if the listing does survive, and how the share price/volume will develop from here.

wexboy
Chat Pages: 31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock