ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

VICP Vicorp

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Vicorp LSE:VICP London Ordinary Share GB00B1G5L683 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.15 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Vicorp Share Discussion Threads

Showing 26 to 46 of 50 messages
Chat Pages: 2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
02/12/2013
11:51
Any one know the result of the EGM?
argylerich
22/2/2009
13:05
So, 2008 has been another disappointing year for this company!

Does it have any chance of raising the necessary fresh finance?

gilston
17/9/2008
12:45
man1 agree!
outsider
17/9/2008
12:44
Afternoon ,
i would be very cautious about investing in this company until you see some decent profits and some confirmed orders .
Tim Hearley was executive chairman of Reflec plc and over ther last three years or so made many a grand promise with contracts over the horizion and many deals in the offing . Having suffered a 100%+ loss in value shareholders took action to save the company from the so called proffessionals .

man1
25/7/2008
17:17
The Prophet said QUOTE;
"-but if others find something better to invest in,fine, I'm past the point of caring now!"

Rather than putting your money in the Post Office or in a bank account a good recovery sector with a good Dividend's would be the banking sector itself. I chose Barclays who as it happened was by far the company with the most shares traded today.
Good luck with your investments Outsider, your best year since the bubble WOW, and Fingers crossed for you and Corac and your portfolio TP

tenapen
25/7/2008
12:05
-no probs, outsider
-a bit of anything on this thread is better than nothing!
-I think the bullish comments from the Ofex days have long gone, most of the damange to the share price was done way before the AIM listing, although the share price has continued in the same vein since the move!
-currently, option money only,imo.
-but if others find something better to invest in,fine, I'm past the point of caring now!
-must be a record day for VICP posts! Tune in in 6 months time for next lot!!!!

the prophet
25/7/2008
11:32
I posted because I noticed an annoucement form Vicorp & visited the thread the first time having seen all the very bullish comments on the Ofex boards, I noticed a lot of people got involved and got hurt.

Therefore I thought better late than never to have a bit of balance on this thread!

outsider
25/7/2008
11:28
Risk/reward could work Kenny, but not for me.....too much risk compared to possible reward.
outsider
25/7/2008
10:56
I always value your opinion Outsider but i have a eye on Vicorp. Just a wee 200p or so, the risk reward looks promising.
Mr Treacy is either very unlucky with people delaying contracts signed or he is a pale comparison of our man Mr Fletcher.

-----------------------------
Get a voice, visit Loober.com

tenapen
25/7/2008
10:33
A stock to steer well clear of in my opinion, these guys promised and indicated much on Ofex/Plus and just didnt deliver.

Brendan Treacy is still Chief Executive, no way would I invest.

outsider
18/1/2008
15:00
-just checking up, the loss before tax at the interim stage '07 was around £750K, so the second half of '08 saw a big improvement if losses for the year overall were marginally worse than brokers £750K loss forecast. Second half of year was almost break-even.
-If they could continue the trend, then hopefully they will make a profit , or close to it, in the first half of '08.

the prophet
18/1/2008
13:53
-that don't seem too bad, really
-forecast losss a bit worse than brokers projections of £750K, that shows a big improvement on , i think, £2m loss the previous year.

-a profit in Q4 is most welcome, and the outlook for H1 2008 to be significantly ahead of corresponding period is also very ecouraging.

-from what i understand, the forecasts are to show a decent profit for this year, so on market cap of around £6m, there is scope for good upside here, although the market may well want proof of that first.I guess we should get the first indications of how we are doing for this year with the 2007 results before the end of March.

the prophet
18/1/2008
13:47
Vicorp Group Plc
("Vicorp", "the Group", or "the Company")
Trading Update

Vicorp Group Plc (Ticker: VICP), a market leader for advanced voice self-service solutions, has indicated that it expects its results for the year ended 31 December 2007 to fall marginally below previous expectations for the full year's pre-tax position. Broker estimates for 2007 were for a full-year net loss of £752K. The Company expects to report its audited results for 2007 no later than 31 March 2008.

A number of existing projects had been expected to realise more revenue in 2007 than has materialised. This is attributable to delays in project implementation as clients have decided to reschedule the implementation of programmes. As a result, a significant amount of revenues due to be realised in 2007 will now be realised in 2008.

The company is pleased to announce that despite the above delays, it was able to generate a profit in Q4 of 2007 and the backlog of work carried into 2008 has helped underpin expectations for the first half year in 2008. The company expects its performance in the first half of 2008 to be significantly ahead of the corresponding period in 2007.

Brendan Treacy, Chief Executive of Vicorp commented:

"We are very encouraged by the progress in 2007, which has shown a dramatic improvement over 2006. We believe that progress will be maintained throughout 2008 and we are well placed at the start of the year, with a satisfactory cash position. We are also receiving good client feedback and working on several new opportunities for continued growth in 2008."

ends-

serratia
16/1/2008
22:56
-miracles can happen?.....
-as I understand it, VICP look set fair for this year, fingers crossed and all that.
-sitting + waiting, but hopeful!

the prophet
16/1/2008
22:20
I don't belieeeeeeve it an up day amongst the carnage. Any reason ?
serratia
21/9/2007
10:22
-very positive chairmans report statement in the interims:

Chairman's Statement

Our results for the first six months of 2007 have come in ahead of the latest
market expectations published prior to the Company's move to the AIM market
("AIM"), which took place on 21 June. The Company also raised #1.62 million
through an institutional placing in conjunction with its move to AIM. The
projection was for a first half-year pre-tax loss of #882,000 and the actual
result was a pre-tax loss of #745,000. The outcome has been further improved by
an R&D tax reclaim of #112,000, taking the after tax figure to a loss of
#633,000.

The result for the first half-year does not reflect the upturn in trading which
the Company is now experiencing. Orders have been coming in steadily through the
second and third quarters. To date in this year, the company has taken orders
for #1.5 million of business (against first half revenues of #556,000) and we
expect the rate of order intake to increase in the final quarter of the year.
The impact of these orders should become visible in the results for the second
half-year. Based on present orders received and those expected imminently, the
Directors believe that the results for the second half-year will show a
significant improvement over the first half. This is also creating the stability
that the Company needs to focus on maintaining revenue growth.

As we indicated to the market on 19 July 2007, we expect to remain ahead of
market expectations with our full-year results at 31 December 2007.

The Company is now licensing its software and delivering advanced speech
applications to companies that include Centrica, Littlewoods, and Barclays Bank.
Our status as an independent and leading supplier of open standards based voice
applications and tools, is a differentiator that many large companies are still
actively seeking to find as they need to migrate from older voice applications.

Our business is benefiting from the extension into product related services and
we were pleased to welcome Linda McCormack to Vicorp as Director of Professional
Services in August. Linda was previously Director of Professional Services for
Byte Mobile Europe and brings a wealth of experience with her.

Our product positioning remains strong and we have ambitious plans to extend the
reach of our product into several new areas over the next year or so. We plan to
address the large market for legacy voice systems that require upgrading and
will be extending our xMP product to assist in this process. We will also enable
the platform for call control functions in the network and will create a web
services interface that will allow voice services to interact with a plethora of
web based enterprise applications.

Our position has been supported by recent reports from the market analyst
company, Datamonitor, and we find that market conditions remain favourable for
the Company's technology.

Some very recent news is also worthy of note. On 19 September 2007, the Company
was awarded the IBM Platinum Partner award for 2007 in the UK. This is the
highest award for IBM's partner programme in the UK and helps signify further
joint business potential between Vicorp and IBM. Our other partner programmes,
extending to Australia, South Africa and the Czech Republic are also proving to
be beneficial and remain a key feature of our business model.

the prophet
21/9/2007
09:54
-very positive set of interim results and a good forward looking statement for the second half.
-VICP should move up over the coming months.

the prophet
19/7/2007
11:02
noticed that! it's only 1/4p difference and what can you actually buy with a 1/4p!!!

LOL!

smelleroo
19/7/2007
11:00
-no volume showing under VICP (LSE), but 75,000 traded so far under VICP(PLUS)

-PLUS is giving a mid price of 4.5p, up 12.5%

the prophet
19/7/2007
09:35
-yes, they only need to get another contract the size of barclays, or several smaller ones, to be seriously profitable in 2008.
-2007 looks to be shaping up nicely as well.

-with a market cap a little over £8m or so and plenty of cash, then the future for VICP looks pretty promising.

the prophet
19/7/2007
08:12
the prophet, your optimism was justified - "comfortably ahead of current broker projections for the full year 2007"
smelleroo
Chat Pages: 2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock