ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

MAXJ Maxjet

0.00 (0.00%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Maxjet LSE:MAXJ London Ordinary Share COM STK USD0.05 (REG S)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 75.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Maxjet Share Discussion Threads

Chat Pages: 1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
07/12/2007
10:45
I did say it! Nice to fly on but terrible investment
lbo
03/10/2007
09:48
I am flying with MaxJet to Los Angeles in late November. The ticket price is very cheap and I will report back in Dec.
aerotus
13/8/2007
12:54
Flew Maxjet to Vegas earlier this year.

A cracking price (special offer, about £599 return if memory serves me right) and a nice flight/service. If I'd paid a premium price I might have been a tad disappointed.

Guess they need to establish their "niche"; latest figures look encouraging.

wiganer
13/8/2007
12:45
BA also being gossiped about as possible T/O target
madness of crowds
12/8/2007
13:46
As I said over on Silverjet. This is a commodity business as Warren Buffet calls its. No barriers to entry and very competitive. Its a gamble and not an investment. The signs of distress for each of them is showing in that they are having to raise more money and needing to look at merging with each other. This is not an area to invest in IMHO.

Both Eos and MaxJet, which operate out of Stansted, are understood to have approached rivals seeking cash injections or partnerships and analysts are sceptical that all three providers will survive.

Competition on the transatlantic route is brutal and neither Virgin Atlantic nor British Airways will give any ground to these newcomers.

lbo
10/8/2007
22:09
LBO

Have to agree but don't think it will be max jet, a very good article and a great advert for Max jet / silver jet / EOS and a reason to stay away from LHR airport as to congested.
pricing is fair, if you look back about 5-10 years ago
prices that they are charging now is actually cheaper for Business class
also EOS and Silver operate 757 which is a narrowbody aircraft cargo is limited to size and weight per piece Max operate 767's which can easily take
10000 kgs with a yield of at least STG 5000 per flight and I dont see
any figures factored in to there results for Cargo, and I know that they take
Cargo as I use them for JFK
Present price I thik I will buy a few, has to be worth a punt especially
with them starting LAX, would not be surprised if they start Chicago in Spring
with the de-regulation

B

bigbren
09/8/2007
09:21
"Silverjet, Maxjet and Eos lack the scale to gear up and mount a serious challenge to BA and the rest; it's odds-on that one of them will go bust"
lbo
25/7/2007
15:26
LBO - thanks. Saw that at the weekend.
Looks great imho.
Personally, fwiw, I think that this will be a profitable but maybe risky sector.
Planning to fly with maxjet soon and will report back if I do.

madness of crowds
25/7/2007
15:14
A new era in first class travel
The Indian airline Jet Airways wants to become a top-five carrier; so it's just launched the world's most extravagant first class

lbo
29/6/2007
07:50
Selftrade told me a weel ago that MAXJ is not CREST settleable stock. Hence they would not let me buy any stock.......
mr.oz
29/6/2007
07:48
Eos and Maxjet approach European carriers for partnership - report
AFX

LONDON (Thomson Financial) - Business-only transatlantic airlines Eos and Maxjet have approached a number of European carriers looking for a partner or possible buyer, The Times has reported.

The airlines are believed to be looking for access to the marketing and procurement power of the larger groups, with sources saying they have approached British Airways, Air France and Lufthansa.

Eos is understood to be talking to private equity groups and institutional investors about selling the business, the newspaper added.

Meanwhile, it said Maxjet is believed to have proposed a merger with business-only rival Silverjet.

Maxjet told The Times it was not in negotiations, while BA declined to comment.

simon.meads@thomson.com

mr.oz
19/6/2007
18:52
how long before these can be traded online do you reckon?
mr.oz
14/6/2007
11:33
Ta, dex, good thoughts.
I'd planned to wait before getting in but these guys are pretty good at PR and I fancy we'll see some positive coverage about the listing in the financial pages.
Yes, they are "retiring some debts" but also funding expansion.
The question is: profitable expansion?

madness of crowds
14/6/2007
11:05
Morning MOC,
I'm keeping a close eye on this one too. I compare it to SIL, as far as quality of service goes, from what I can make out anyway!. The good thing with these is that they have expanded on their routes quite considerably, from August they are starting to fly to and from LAX.
The only downside that I can see is that they have listed on AIM to cover some debt, If I remember correctly, they have debts of £80m or could eb in $.
IMO, this could drift a bit until they start from LAX.
Just my veiws and all IMO, DYOR etc.etc.
Dexter

dexter01
14/6/2007
09:02
SORRY -PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD - SET UP WRONGLY - USE OTHER THREAD
madness of crowds
14/6/2007
09:00
Morning, all, on Maxjet's debut day.
I'm planning to invest but how much and when?
Looks like a good business model and they seem to deliver.
Any other views?

madness of crowds
14/6/2007
08:58
For existing and potential investors.
Post your views on the business model, the potential and your experiences of travelling with Maxjet and competitors.

madness of crowds
Chat Pages: 1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock