ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

NPH Neuropharm

0.00 (0.00%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Neuropharm LSE:NPH London Ordinary Share GB00B1NPJJ01 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 11.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Neuropharm Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3701 to 3725 of 3725 messages
Chat Pages: 149  148  147  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
22/7/2011
11:42
Cash received today with TDW
pelleeds1980
13/7/2011
07:27
Many Thanks for that Bing.

Ah well, the proceeds should by a few beers down the local to drown one's sorrows.

GLTA

muzoman
12/7/2011
19:24
The latter, unfortunately Muzoman (ie a little less than three tenths of one penny).

I held my shares direct in my own name, hence my early news. If wished it seems to me that it should be possible to claim a capital loss in the tax year to 5 April 2011 under the "negligible value" rules as the liquidators had indicated in February 2011 that the final payment would only be about £0.002 or two tenths of a penny per share which in the context of a £0.1 par value seems negligible by any measure. I am going to claim my capital loss for last year!

bingham4
12/7/2011
14:34
Thanks for that Bingham4. Much appreciated. But can you help me out here. The price you expressed is that just over 2p per share or is it £0.00267.

Thanks for any feedback.

muzoman
12/7/2011
14:16
Who did you have your shares with Bingham4? Ill look out for my payment with TDW and I assume this is now allowable as a CGT loss for this year.
pelleeds1980
12/7/2011
14:15
To let you know that a final liquidation payment of 0.267p per share was made on 11 July, a little over the estimate of 0.2p per share.
bingham4
16/4/2011
15:02
Thanks for the ideas Liars.

However, DMG would only be tendering for 2.7 million shares and there are approx 27 million shares outstanding. Shareholders representing 75% of the shares have said they wouldn't be tendering, but that leaves approx 6.75 million shares that could potentially be tendered. I would guess that most shareholders would rather tender than be left with a minority position in an unlisted foreign company. I think this means that even if the delisting and tender go ahead there is a strong chance that you would not be able to tender all your shares - making this situation unattractive to me at least.

hoveite
16/4/2011
12:51
Fans of anomolities between the current share price and the delisting share price should look at JHL & DMG. Both share prices are trading lower than the take out price. You can place a lower offer in the case of JHL ( mine got filled at just over 76p ). The resolutions have passed for JHL but the EGM still has to be held for DMG. Profit margin is likely to be fairly small ( less than 10% for JHL and up to 20% for DGM ( as it carries the most risk at this stage until the resolution has been voted through ) so volume is needed.
liarspoker
16/4/2011
12:00
Good morning muzoman

Unfortunately, it's an estimated 0.2p (£0.002) per share - still worth having -but they cannot confirm timing for this. The letter points out that they have paid out 13.65p per share so far, against an initial estimate of 13.23p. If you want a copy of the letter (it's a pdf so I can't cut and paste) let me know on here and I can e-mail it to you.

I ended about £35K down here but have made the loss back many times over. I too have RGM and RRR (I've been in RRR since 2.4p so I'm happy to let it run - I think it will be fine and will test 20p again this year, but I think RGM could be bigger if DNi is as good as they think). I've had LND and PGD for years and had begun to wonder if they would ever reach full value - at least PGD has finally moved to a new trading range and looks like it should be a good long-term hold now.

I've had a great run on CNR and SHG (both five baggers so far) and am letting them run for another 12-18 months, and probably longer. I also have a few other gold juniors including GGP, which I think is potentially massive, albeit with risks attached.

I am probably over-exposed to mining but am comfortable to let most positions run for the rest of this year as I think gold, silver and coal prices will continue to increase - I'm not so sure about nickel and uranium so watching those positions (including RGM) carefully.

I also have SEA, which is due news on disposal of the main business this month - I've had that for years and am still underwater - hopefully the news will give me an exit point.

I have just started to play with a few biotechs/small pharmas - I had SAR at 0.3p and sold 10% at 3p so the rest are on a free run, and I'm building positions in a few others.

I looked at SOU about six months ago but decided not to get any - doh!

Glad it's working out for you - good luck with the portfolio.

All the best

lombiff
15/4/2011
10:14
Hi Lom,

Yes mine has also been credited. Thanks for keeping me informed. I have not seen any letter re the possible final payment. As a matter of interest. The 0.2p that is being referred to - is that 2 pence of 1/5th of a penny. If it the latter then it might buy a few beers.

Trust all your other investments/trades are doing better than this dog has done. I am well happy at the moment. Big into SOU, Polo, with some further holdings in RGM and RRL. My only doggy at the moment being RRR where I am down about 12%.

Keep well and once again thanks for the banter and keeping up to date.

muzoman
15/4/2011
09:53
muzoman - payment finally received this morning - did you get yours? GT also sent me a copy of the letter they sent to shareholders in February, talking about a possible final 0.2p once HMRC has signed off.
lombiff
11/4/2011
08:58
muzo - my relationship manager at Barclays has now advised that the registrar sent a cheque to Barclays in February but it must have got lost in the post! I presume it would be one cheque to cover all of Barclays nominee holdings, but I don't know for sure. Please let me know if you find anything else out.

All the best

lombiff
06/4/2011
07:33
Lombiff,

Thanks for the info. No I have not had payment yet. I sent Barclays an e-mail and they advised that they had their corporate action team on the case. This was about two weeks ago and I have not had a reply. Now that I have more info I follow up again. Cannot believe that the registrars can be so lax.

I shall keep you posted.

Regards,

Muzo

muzoman
06/4/2011
07:27
muzo - have received an e-mail response from Mike Smith at GT, confirming the 2.4p distribution had been made, and advising that there may be another 0.2p after final clearance by HMRC. It was handled by the registrars, Equiniti, and has clearly been lost somewhere between Equiniti and Barclays. Will be following up again with Barclays when I'm back in the UK. Have you had the payment yet?

Mike - glad you found a winner - hope you find many more - all the best

lombiff
25/3/2011
14:37
Hi Lombiff, glad to hear you made it all back and much more. XEL has been the star in my pf, been in since 109p and not sold any as yet, topped up a few times along the way as well... I'm also looking at junior miners and oilies atm. Found a couple of interest but not invested as yet, need to release some funds from elsewhere. ATB and hope to see you around on the bb's. GL
mike_f
25/3/2011
05:14
Thanks Lombiff. Looking forward to what sense you can get out of Barclays. I have sent them a couple of mails as well. Same thing. Administrators etc.
muzoman
24/3/2011
19:28
muzoman - still no payment from Barclays - they have told me they spoke with the administrators and that a payment would be coming, but that was about four weeks ago. Will be chasing again in the morning.

Hey Mike - glad you're recovered your losses - I'll end up losing about £40K here, but have had a spectacular time over the last six months, and have made the loss back many times over. I still have a few small pharma/biotechs, and have had mixed results - I'm well down on ASM and SLN but I was in SAR at 0.3p and sold 10% of them at 3p so the rest are on a free ride. Otherwise, I remain heavily exposed to junior gold and see that bull running for another 12-18 months.

All the best, and best wishes to all former NPH holders

lombiff
16/3/2011
14:54
Hi Lombiff/Boobly, hope you are both well, glad to see you guys got some money back from this. I haven't been able to face looking back for a long time... hope your other investments have made up the losses incurred here. I have managed to make them up luckily thanks to a couple of gems. I try and stay away from pharma's nowadays. ATB Mike.
mike_f
16/3/2011
07:56
TDW credited their customers on the 11th Feb.

Lloyds did the same on the 3rd March.

I have sent two mails to Barstock and they told me they would chase it up. So far nothing credited to my account. Any of you fellow Barstock guys having the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

muzoman
03/3/2011
10:40
Alchemy,

I sent another e-mail to Barstock this morning because nothing has happened. Glad that yours is sorted. I suspect that if LLoyds got theirs then ours should be thereabouts shortly. Thanks for posting.

muzoman
03/3/2011
09:42
Hi All,

Lloyds advised me yesterday afternoon that they had received a cheque and that it would be credited to my acct in the next few days.

alchemy30
23/2/2011
07:52
Thanks both - will also follow-up with Barclays and will let you know if I hear anything.
lombiff
22/2/2011
21:06
Thanks Alch,

Keep us posted

muzoman
22/2/2011
20:00
Same here with Lloyds, I have contacted the Co. and had the payment confirmed and then gave the contact details to Lloyds who are following it up. Will update here as and when.
alchemy30
22/2/2011
19:44
Lom,
No nothing yet. I did however get a reply from Barstock last week to say that they [Kieran] had been in touch with the administrators who told them that they had submitted payment. If I do not hear from them by close of business tomorrow then I will be in contact again.

Stay in touch in case we need to coordinate.

Good Luck.

muzoman
Chat Pages: 149  148  147  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock