ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

FTV Foresight Vct Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Foresight Vct Plc LSE:FTV London Ordinary Share GB00B68K3716 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 79.00 77.50 80.50 79.00 79.00 79.00 0.00 08:00:26
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Investors, Nec 16.88M 12.7M 0.0512 15.43 195.88M
Foresight Vct Plc is listed in the Investors sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker FTV. The last closing price for Foresight Vct was 79p. Over the last year, Foresight Vct shares have traded in a share price range of 72.50p to 80.50p.

Foresight Vct currently has 247,954,595 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Foresight Vct is £195.88 million. Foresight Vct has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 15.43.

Foresight Vct Share Discussion Threads

Showing 176 to 197 of 200 messages
Chat Pages: 8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
20/1/2021
18:02
elianasgrandpa,

Are you still there, and if so, still invested in Foresight VCT...?

No sunny weather report, Norwich wet and getting wetter. Bit like the FTV share price...

Regards,

damanko
20/01/2021

damanko
28/5/2018
18:59
There is a detailed report on Foresight VCT's recent AGM which can be found in our members network:

Our members network is exclusive to full members so to access the report, you'll need to be a full member of ShareSoc. We are a not-for-profit organisation that supports individual shareholders and campaigns for shareholder rights. If you're not already a member you can join here:

Once you've joined, you'll receive an invitation to register for our "members network", our private social network, from where you'll be able to access the report (and reports on 100s of other meetings). If you're already a member and have any difficulty accessing the report, please do not hesitate to contact us here:

sharesoc
29/5/2017
23:58
There is a detailed report on Foresight VCT recent AGM which can be found in our members network:

Our members network is exclusive to full members so to access the report, you'll need to be a full member of ShareSoc. We are a not-for-profit organisation that supports individual shareholders and campaigns for shareholder rights. If you're not already a member you can join here:

Once you've joined, you'll receive an invitation to register for our "members network", our private social network, from where you'll be able to access the report (and reports on 100s of other meetings). If you're already a member and have any difficulty accessing the report, please do not hesitate to contact us here:

sharesoc
06/12/2013
10:37
damanko

I made my first purchase of FTV on Wednesday, as a sleep easy investment and income play.

seekerofvalue
03/12/2013
20:11
Here's the reason for today's RNS:

hxxp://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2013/12/03/ncr-to-buy-digital-insight-closes-on.html

damanko
03/12/2013
19:59
For the few of us still alive and kicking here:

The following news is good in one respect, but in another sense implies that a quarter of FTV's assets now sit in cash - as a result of the Alaric sale. So the good news is that a special dividend seems quite in order.

The other side is that 25% of FTV's NAV no longer exists, and - given the normal discount to NAV, FTV's share price may well head south...........

Company Foresight VCT PLC
TIDM FTV
Headline Foresight VCT PLC : Portfolio update
Released 14:25 03-Dec-2013
Number HUG1747424

Foresight VCT plc

Portfolio Update

Foresight VCT PLC ("Foresight VCT") announces the sale by its Ordinary Share Class of its investment in Alaric Systems Limited ("Alaric"), which provides payment processing and fraud prevention software, to a subsidiary of NCR Corporation.

Foresight VCT Ordinary Share Class has sold its investment of ordinary shares and loan stock in Alaric for GBP7.13 million, of which GBP1.12 million is held in escrow and in the absence of any claims against Alaric should become payable in tranches over the next four years. The carrying value of the investment in Alaric in Foresight VCT's interim management statement for the period ended 30 September 2013, published on 15 November 2013, was GBP6.375 million.

This represents a return of over five times original cost and 25% of the net asset value of Foresight VCT Ordinary Share Class as at 30 September 2013.

In consequence, the Board will be considering a further distribution to investors and will make an announcement in due course.

For further information please contact:

Gary Fraser, Foresight Group: 01732 471800

damanko
30/5/2013
08:31
Damanko

No problem, please spread the word, I tend to use TMF in preference to ADVFN for VCT write ups and commentary, as it keeps everything in one place and I know that the managers and directors regularly view TMF to find out what investors think of them and to find out what investors think of their peers and rivals. The fact that it is moderated, helps too.

timbo003
29/5/2013
15:31
The AGM was yesterday, see report over on TMF:
timbo003
07/5/2013
11:43
Read about this new investment in yesterday's Sunday Times, here is the bumph in a little more detail:

Apologies if I've woken anyone on this thread up................

damanko
09/11/2012
23:02
I'm still here. Well, last time I looked I was.
ferrism
09/11/2012
16:49
No. Nobody here. And I'm off out now............
damanko
09/11/2012
16:24
Anyone still here...?
glyn celyn
24/2/2012
22:24
Okay - I have it, thanks. Will reply in the next day.... (I'm a slow, sad old git as well).
damanko
24/2/2012
17:02
I did reply to your email but it probably, quite reasonably, ended up in your junk folder!
ferrism
17/2/2012
14:10
Done. Look forward to hearing from you. I'll warn you I'm very slow at replying to emails!
ferrism
17/2/2012
14:07
Got it. Delete..........
damanko
17/2/2012
14:00
Hm. Probably sums up too many brokers. I don't buy Unit Trusts for pretty much the same reasons, costs are too high compared to IT's, and in any case are commission driven, whereas IT's don't pay it to IFA's, so why would they recommend them.

I do my own stuff, these days - as you know - because I can. Run a couple of SIPPs with minimal costs, buy and sell online. Same with ISAs and run of the mill direct investments. What's your email address? You can post it here, wait ten minutes and then edit your post to delete it. I'll be in touch. Regards and happy hoping with FTV etc....

damanko
17/2/2012
13:42
Maybe some holders are just too disenchanted to bother looking at this thread. I wouldn't blame them.
I clearly remember a discussion with a broker about the fact that the "C" shares had underperformed. "Well", he said, "at least you had the benefit of the original Foresight VCT." He went quiet when I pointed out that I only had the "C" shares!
The way I see it is that the original shares benefited from the "tech bubble" and the "C" shares "benefited" from the bursting of the bubble!
One of these says I will get on the right side of the deal.

ferrism
17/2/2012
13:15
That's right - where I found it. Happen we should look more often. Just happened to be really, really bored this morning.

For info, I think the total income has been 29.5p. Though I have two payments of 5p from 2004 & 2005. On reflection, they may have been 0.05p, I'd have to hunt through old records. In which case the payments would total only 20.5p. Sounds more like it in fact.............

I do occasionally wonder how many holders bother with this thread (or the old "C" one). Not many, I suspect - perhaps many are giving the daisies some upward pressure.

Original holders of Foresight VCT (as opposed to the "C" class) are closing in on £3.00 of tax free returns, plus the current share price to add to that. Nice work if we had got it, and not chosen to be mugs. C'est la vie.....

damanko
17/2/2012
12:48
OK. don't worry. This mug has just spotted the news on their website. For other interested parties it's here .....
ferrism
17/2/2012
12:44
Yes, that's right. My holding purchased Dec '99 equates to a price of £1.80. I haven't calculated the income so far but it's not enough!!!!
By the way, where did you find the article about Autologic? There was no RNS, as far as I can see.

ferrism
17/2/2012
12:33
To clarify that: If, like me - you bought at flotation in the year 2000, the buying price equates to £1.80. So quite some way to go, though I agree that things look nore hopeful than for many years.
damanko
Chat Pages: 8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock