ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

BRO Bridgestone

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Bridgestone LSE:BRO London Ordinary Share JP3830800003 Y50
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1,586.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Bridgestone Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 69 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
02/9/2009
10:58
Many thanks wdurham, for the extensive review of fastrade. I was solely with lloyds stockbrokers until 6 month ago when their service really started to fail - hard to get a human to pick up the phone promptly, when they do untrained youths/staff answering the phone, website constantly down, commission errors etc etc.

So decided to move half to idealing.com after trialing them with my isa. They are very efficient, with reasonable commission great customer service and a very good website. Only slight complaint would be the online dealing limits are sometimes more reduced and the price not quite as competetive than with lloyds. So for frequent online trading maybe not the perfect solution. That said their online limit orders are executed within minutes usually.

To cut a long story short, lloyds cost me a pretty penny on friday taking over 10 min (from the time i picked up the phone) to execute a simple, small trade and its spurred me to move the remainder of my pfolio from lloyds to a another broker. I'm a bit loath to have all of my pot with one broker (even though idealing.com state their nominee holdings are ring fenced in the event of their failure) so I think its safer to search for another competent broker.

Anyway thanks for the info regarding fastrade, they sound very good i'm just a little put off by the high telephone dealing commissions.
regards

bushtuckaman
01/9/2009
16:02
bushtuckaman -

Yes, Fastrade is the outfit you actually trade with -

You can opt for a nominee account or a sponsored Crest account - Crest is cheaper to run, as well as putting your own name on the share register. They don't do extended settlement or anything fancy, nor do they deal on foreign exchanges. Just a straightforward UK dealing service on 3-day settlement. One advantage is that as soon as you have sold a stock, the cash is immediately available to you for further purchases - I hear some brokers insist that settlement must complete before funds are available, but don't know how accurate this is? Top ups to trading funds can be made pretty quickly via debit card.

I transferred to them from certificates, which they dematerialised for me, so have no online broker with which to compare them, but have found their service good and responsive on the rare occasion I have needed to call them. They are pretty good about notifying corporate actions, too, giving full instructions re: the action you need (or don't need!) to take. The website sometimes gets a little slow - for a frequent trader relying on being able to buy in seconds to save an eighth on the price that might be frustrating. And of course, like all brokers, you can't deal online automatically when a stock has been taken off the electronic system - though they accept - and deal fairly efficiently with - limit orders in that instance. And you can always phone them...

wdurham
10/8/2009
08:15
WELL WELL WELLLLLL

there were still no brokers recommended !!!!!!!!!

I have a great one

tonyb
04/8/2009
09:04
Zastas,

Thanks

anywhere else ?????

ie for the online version which are much cheaper than my broker

tonyb
03/8/2009
23:20
Internaxx.lu
zastas
03/8/2009
09:19
can anyone suggest an online broker for expats please
tonyb
18/1/2007
10:12
Post removed by ADVFN
Abuse team
28/12/2006
10:50
write the epic, mid price, market value and post the date + link to the report + summary 3 lines maximum

like this

iir 12.75p
market value 3.3 million
report 20,12,2006

massive growth
2007 pe of 3 from report
could get millions from google settlement

illiquid investor
24/5/2003
23:22
BJ`S all the way!!
8para
02/5/2003
13:01
Still no interest then!

LOL!........

scuba doo
29/4/2003
00:46
Hello.

Can anyone recommend one ?
I have lost faith in my current stockbroker,as I feel he is always looking after the market-makers instead of me.

I don't mind paying a bit extra commission for a decent service.

sugarbeast
28/4/2003
15:29
feel free to finish your sentence anytime.
sugarbeast
28/4/2003
15:27
If you lot dont behave yourselves i`ll report youz
8para
28/4/2003
15:26
Still no serious investors I see..............something to do with the thread methinks!
responsiblelad
28/4/2003
14:49
There he goes again, biting the head off anone who dares to question him.
Stand up to him scuba doo, you'll quickly learn that he doesn't like it and will move onto easeir prey!

responsiblelad
28/4/2003
14:47
rotflmao............
scuba doo
28/4/2003
14:38
if you look at the names on this thread:

you have:sugarbeast...sweet,but hard and tough like a monster.
resposible lad...say no more,a responsible male.
insider boy...young,but privy to top class information.

and then you pipe up,named after a scared and stupid mutt who spent his whole time quivering and eating scooby snacks.
go back home son,and put a cartoon in the video.

sugarbeast
28/4/2003
14:34
"this is a serious thread for serious investors."

Then where are the serious investors?

scuba doo
28/4/2003
14:30
rl

this is a serious thread for serious investors.

why don't you sod off and see if you can make plans for making 8p this weekend,which,i suspect,would treble your previous best.

sugarbeast
Chat Pages: 3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock