22/10/2014 07:59:07 Cookie Policy Free Membership Login

Not my usual type of share but still rather sexy !! (APF)

Anglo Pacific Share Forum

Share On Facebook
Creator Liarspoker Created 21 Nov 2006 Posts 4 Last Post 8 years ago

Anglo Pacific Stock Charts

Anglo Pacific Long Term Stock Chart

http://www.anglopacificgroup.com/s/Home.asp

Mrs Liarspoker was doing a bit of study last night so I decided to search for a few shares. I set the criteria to the almost impossible ( Slater style ) and two shares came up. Anglo Pacific being one of them.

The reason that it isn't my usual sort of share is because it's a miner with lots of exposure to coal. However look at these last Interim results:

FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS:

* Profit before tax up 129% to #12,411,000 (2005: #5,427,000)

* Profit after tax up 167% to #11,109,000 (2005: #4,163,000)

* Earnings per share for the first half up 153% to 11.06p (2005: 4.38p)

* Cash and investments increase by 165% to #56.5 million (2005: #21.3 million)

* Cash of #6.3 million and no borrowings

* 2006 interim dividend to be announced in November 2006

EPS has been doubling year on year. Divi growth has been excellent and the option to take Scrip dividends also exists. Directors have also been increasing their stakes.

As you can see above for the Interims they did 11.06p EPS but the current share price is only 134p. For a company sitting on cash with no borrowings this is a super deal.

Technically ( graphically ) the downtrend looks like it's about to break up as the share price has broken through the lower bollinger, the RSI is down and the MACD also seems to be on the turn. I am NOT a chartist but only use charts to time my buys and sells.

Imo these are cheap as chips so I bought 5K this AM for Mrs Liarspoker.

Please DYOR.

Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

1 site:2 141022 07:59