ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

AMBR Ambrian

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Ambrian LSE:AMBR London Ordinary Share GB0003763140 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.50 1.25 1.75 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Ambrian Capital Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1476 to 1500 of 1500 messages
Chat Pages: 60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50  49  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
10/1/2021
11:44
Van Andy one inform me if i still can sell my shares?
I dont Get Any info From ambrian

BELGIAN shareholder

jeroenjeroen
24/12/2017
09:52
Doubt much will be recovered from a cement mill in Mozambique.
russman
11/6/2017
07:06
The consolidated balance sheet is looking very strained.
Current cash like assets 227
Current liabilities -244
Either sell a fixed asset or refinance.

russman
11/2/2016
10:25
Clearly something very strange going on here !!!
condom2
17/2/2015
17:36
Big in Clinker; well maybe if it starts (in April).
russman
08/2/2015
13:08
Has anyone seen confirmation that CGM's Beira cement mill is up & running?
(>550k tpa)

russman
21/11/2014
10:31
Born again.

Was Ambrian, then East West Resources (EWR) now Ambrian again.

Seems profitable and undervalued:

12 September 2014

Interim Report for the six months to 30 June 2014

· Profit before tax: US$1.17 million (H1 2013: US$ 1.31 million)
· Net profit per share: US 0.81 cents (H1 2013: US 0.81 cents)
· Total equity as at 30 June 2014: US$ 29.88 million (31 December 2013: US$ 28.96 million)
· Net asset value per share as at 30 June 2014: US 29.7 cents (31 December 2013: US 28.8 cents)

deadly
21/9/2012
00:31
How much worse could it get ?
AMBR directors only had interesest in their own comfort and did nothing for the II.
Still holding EWR, I believe the share price would improve with a board shake up. GLA

koolio
20/9/2012
21:28
I'm not so sure that CGM will necessary be acting at the expense of holders....I suspect they may be simply be acting in their own interests (which may or may not align with shareholders).

Either way, we can only speculate until we have further info, so as you say, need to wait for formal documents & cross fingers whatever happens is in our interests :-)

jfishy55
20/9/2012
17:45
Thanks - what CGM are proposing doesn't feel right - I agree East West Resources/ Ambrian needs shaking up but not at the expense of the small shareholders - let's wait and see what the formal documents say.
vanderbilt2
20/9/2012
16:52
I've not received any letter....going solely on the basis of what you've posted, I would expect CGM to want representation on the board as 30% holders. However, Mr Curry is correct in noting that there should be other NEDs to represent the holders of the remaining 70%.

That said, perhaps CGM are looking for greater representation because they are unhappy with the performance in recent years & are looking to shake things up.

Hard to say what is best without further information :-(

jfishy55
20/9/2012
13:43
below is an "open letter" from the hong kong shareholder - any views? seems like a boardroom bust up.

------------------------------------------

Open letter to my fellow directors and shareholders of
East West Resources plc

17 September 2012

To My Fellow Directors and Shareholders,

I refer to the announcement by the Board of East West Resources plc ("EWR") dated 7 September 2012 that it had received a requisition from Consolidated General Minerals plc ("CGM") to hold a General Meeting of EWR.

I am deeply concerned that, if passed, the resolutions that will be put forward at that General Meeting could seriously damage the good corporate governance and future prospects of our Company.

If passed, CGM's proposed resolutions will replace the two existing Non-Executive Directors of EWR with two Non-Executive Directors who are representatives of CGM. The result will be that CGM, with a shareholding representing 29.89% of EWR's issued share capital, will have appointed all of the Non-Executive Directors, which will comprise half the board, and that the public shareholders holding 70.11% of EWR's issued share capital will have no representation on the Board.

As a result of these serious concerns SHK, one of Hong Kong's leading financial institutions, intends to vote in favour of retaining the entire existing Board of EWR and will be voting against the appointment of any CGM representatives to the Board. SHK have held our investment in EWR since 2007 and own 10,006,250 ordinary shares representing 9.36% of EWR's issued share capital.

It is in the interests of EWR's shareholders that there is a fair and open debate on the composition of the Board of our Company. EWR shareholders who share our concerns are invited to contact us so that we can ensure that CGM's proposed resolutions are not passed and the value inherent in EWR can be unlocked for the benefit of all shareholders.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Curry

Executive Director, Sun Hung Kai & Co Limited
Non-Executive Director, East West Resources plc

For further information, please contact:
EWRshareholdergroup@tavistock.co.uk

Media Enquiries:
Tavistock Communications
Jeremy Carey/Jos Simson
Tel: +44(0) 7920 3150
Email: jcarey@tavistock.co.uk / jsimson@tavistock.co.uk

vanderbilt2
20/9/2012
13:31
does anyone have a view on this "open" letter from the hong kong shareholder? Sounds like a board room bust up.
---------------------

Open letter to my fellow directors and shareholders of
East West Resources plc

17 September 2012

To My Fellow Directors and Shareholders,

I refer to the announcement by the Board of East West Resources plc ("EWR") dated 7 September 2012 that it had received a requisition from Consolidated General Minerals plc ("CGM") to hold a General Meeting of EWR.

I am deeply concerned that, if passed, the resolutions that will be put forward at that General Meeting could seriously damage the good corporate governance and future prospects of our Company.

If passed, CGM's proposed resolutions will replace the two existing Non-Executive Directors of EWR with two Non-Executive Directors who are representatives of CGM. The result will be that CGM, with a shareholding representing 29.89% of EWR's issued share capital, will have appointed all of the Non-Executive Directors, which will comprise half the board, and that the public shareholders holding 70.11% of EWR's issued share capital will have no representation on the Board.

As a result of these serious concerns SHK, one of Hong Kong's leading financial institutions, intends to vote in favour of retaining the entire existing Board of EWR and will be voting against the appointment of any CGM representatives to the Board. SHK have held our investment in EWR since 2007 and own 10,006,250 ordinary shares representing 9.36% of EWR's issued share capital.

It is in the interests of EWR's shareholders that there is a fair and open debate on the composition of the Board of our Company. EWR shareholders who share our concerns are invited to contact us so that we can ensure that CGM's proposed resolutions are not passed and the value inherent in EWR can be unlocked for the benefit of all shareholders.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Curry

Executive Director, Sun Hung Kai & Co Limited
Non-Executive Director, East West Resources plc

For further information, please contact:
EWRshareholdergroup@tavistock.co.uk

Media Enquiries:
Tavistock Communications
Jeremy Carey/Jos Simson
Tel: +44(0) 7920 3150
Email: jcarey@tavistock.co.uk / jsimson@tavistock.co.uk

vanderbilt2
06/8/2012
16:43
not necessarily, mr Kanu the footballer
shareho1der
12/7/2012
09:07
one of the golden rules of AIM,

If a company changes name its a sell.

nwankwokanu2
11/7/2012
06:27
6 July 2012

Ambrian Capital plc

(the "Company" or "Ambrian")

Change of Company Name

The Directors of Ambrian Capital plc (AIM: AMBR), are pleased to announce that following the passing of the Special Resolution at the Annual General Meeting ("AGM") held on 29 July to change the Company's name to East West Resources plc, it is anticipated that trading under the new name will become effective from 9 July 2012. The AIM dealing code for the Company will change to "EWR" as from that date.

I think the AGM was held on the 29th June.
Not strong on quality control even while releasing a RNS

koolio
05/7/2012
21:03
how much would it cost to run per month? where is the income coming from?

must be burning through cash. very concerned.

nwankwokanu2
11/6/2012
06:24
not good springs to mind
aughton 3
01/6/2012
07:57
Ambrian Capital have sold their broking operation to RFC so haven't got any brokerships left. Think that AIM rules say results not released within 6 months means a suspension. That gives them until 30th June.
kent675
31/5/2012
11:30
how many brokerships they got left? an office that seats 80 costing a fortune, have they more staff than brokerships????
aughton 3
31/5/2012
11:28
Still no results!!!!! not looking good

Not so sure about that, the price has been rising since the middle of the month, if there was some catastrophic news to come out, insiders would be selling, and the price would be falling till the bitter end. The worse damage seems to have already been done. (imo, dyor, don't listen to me, what do i know, I'm still holding this piece of junk)

traderabc
31/5/2012
11:26
what a shambles , how long until they lose another brokership....
aughton 3
30/5/2012
16:12
I was informed by an associate that if the results weren't out by close of business tomorrow, the stock would be suspended. Cannot say for sure whether that is the case.
jscf
30/5/2012
10:38
what are the implications of not publish results on time?
papillon88
25/5/2012
13:48
Still no results!!!!! not looking good
jscf
Chat Pages: 60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50  49  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock