ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

BED Bede

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Bede LSE:BED London Ordinary Share GB0002023454 ORD 2P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.64 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Bede Share Discussion Threads

Showing 4176 to 4197 of 4200 messages
Chat Pages: 168  167  166  165  164  163  162  161  160  159  158  157  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/5/2008
21:17
we all screwed mate, so dont worry u not alone...
drlouai
28/5/2008
15:54
IM SCREWED why did i invest in bede my wife hates me and the dogs been mean to me
science boy
17/4/2008
21:47
Whilst shareholders don't usually get anything from an administration, things could be a bit different if the business has been sold as a going concern. That's why it's important to know what it was sold for - and whether that figure is more than the administrator's fees + plus any other liabilities not included in the sale. Unlikely to get shares in the new owner as the administrator is likely to only accept cash. AIUI the administrator's primary duty is to ensure that creditors are paid the maximum amount available... but where a business is sold as a going concern, normally creditors go with it.

Whilst I'm no expert on administration procedures, AFAIK, the administrator has to produce a report eventually and will advise shareholders whether there is any residual amount for them. However, this can take a VERY long time.

marben100
17/4/2008
06:12
Do the PIs get anything out of this ie shares in the new owner?
timely
17/4/2008
06:06
well they have ripped off the shareholders up big time, the main guys had this in mind many mths ago, viable business? mm
jammytass
16/4/2008
16:56
Regarding Bede, Mazor said: "As a public company they were unsuccessfully managed and lost money. Led by the administrators, they moved to a status of viable business, and this enabled us to buy them, a step that will result efficiencies in volume, channel and sales."

Pretty damning. Interesting to see that Intel owns 30% of Jordan Valley. It will also be interesting for shareholders to see what price was achieved. As JV describes them as "a viable business", it appears that BEDE has been bought as a going concern.

marben100
16/4/2008
16:26
Sounds like us PI's have been stiched up again.
blackfox
16/4/2008
12:22
NETANYA, Israel - X-ray metrology provider Jordan Valley Semiconductors Ltd. (Migdal Haemek, Israel) has acquired the business of Bede plc (Durham, England), a supplier of similar tools for the semiconductor and compound industries with revenues of $11.6 million in 2007.
chris mcgee
01/4/2008
14:38
Hi again, Honiton......
thanks for the dvice........ and I'll have a look at those three shares.
Best regards.

dyfiman
01/4/2008
14:35
dyfiman

it's very useful to have a stop loss. if the price drops 15% from the high then sell it (no matter what). you will noticre that fund managers do this and that the shareholders register changes significantly after the 1st profit warning. they have all sold out.

that way you can preserve your capital.

This policy enable me to exit AVON and James Beattie and reinvest in others such as Inspicio, Carrs Milling and Senior Engineering.

It's not always foolproof. I was stopped out of Vardy and missed the takeover.

All the best.

PS have a look at SNR, AVN and COT.

honiton
01/4/2008
13:48
Hi Honiton....

it's kind of you to 'smile' on my 'good fortune', but I did lose
far too much for my own good. That is, I'm a very small PI like 100's
of thousands of others. That said, I feel deeply for those who have lost significant wedges having believed the blandishments of management down the
years. Large fund investors have also received a sock on the chin
for coughing up to support the company after their initial investments.
It's all rather sad, but Bede is not the first, nor will it be the
last to set up a stall with goodies to sell - and fall on their faces
while costing other people lots of money. Best regards you and all.

dyfiman
01/4/2008
13:26
dyfiman

well done for getting out with something.

all the best everyone.

honiton
31/3/2008
16:47
Just a week out Smithy. Sorry to say the party's over folks:

31st March

"The company regrets to announce that today the Board of Directors have appointed Toby Underwood, Graham Newton and David Gilbert of BDO Stoy Hayward LLP as Joint Administrators of Bede plc and its subsidiary Bede Scientific Instruments Ltd. At this stage the Directors do not anticipate that the administration will result in any return to equity shareholders."

marben100
17/3/2008
11:25
Seems grim, Smitty, and I'm glad to say I was out at 2.75p, albeit at
a smarting loss on the original stake. I have to say that there is
a story yet to come out on the long time Bede were under offer only for a
low-ball bid to come in and get rejected. Just what was the management up to??
Why no decent orders for the products during that time???? What was there to discuss for such a long time over a tiny company. Deal done or rejection
surely could have been arrived at within weeks. Also, better people than
I will be able to explain why a supposed world-leading product set effectively stayed on the shelf. Hope your losses are not horrendous, Smitty, and thanks for you reply.
Regards.

dyfiman
17/3/2008
09:45
Not a lot from the looks of it.

Administration by the middle of next week is my guess.

If they go under, whats the rules on the company they were talking to about a take over coming in and snapping up the company on the cheap? Well cheaper than they already offered lol

smithyuk
10/3/2008
10:45
Hi boys and girls......
any info to share on what's happening at the mo??
Best regards.

dyfiman
10/3/2008
10:15
lol Richoneday
smithyuk
04/3/2008
19:12
Smithy

INTELligent post. Thanks.

richoneday
04/3/2008
11:33
Hi Dale,

I'm affraid I have intimate knowledge of the company and I know exactley how imcompetent they have been.

They made assumptions based around the fact that everyone would follow their number 1 customer. They built the business model around this and have spent circa £50mil of investors money in 8 years and brought nothing back to the table.
The decisions of the company were not based on fact, more hope that everyone would follow suit, when in reality its a much harder world to do business. They were first to market, they should have been able to capture the market but now competitors with much deeper pockets are on their heels.
To think this company floated at £2.15 and is now on it's knees, it's a worry as to where all that money actually went is it not?

They can not expect a recovery from this in their current form. I just feel sorry for the staff that have been there, some for 20 years plus. If they do not have another buyer interested then they are out of business the end of this month. However I wonder how their number 1 customer feels about this as they themselves have invested a very significant amount of time and money into the company, so that could be a saving grace?

smithyuk
27/2/2008
09:46
Bit hard on management..er?? What management....time wasters more like. Belly up is the only way. Roll on the announcement that the receivers have been called in!!
bikwik
27/2/2008
08:09
Dale, Smithy is right. Absolute incompetence on behalf of the management, nothing to do with the market they are in. They had a great chance to be successful, but stupid decisions and massive spending on things that don't matter have cost Bede dearly.
xik
26/2/2008
23:09
I think you are being a bit hard on management.

I doubt most on here have a clue about the company, the challenges and the pure science of their products, and the difficulties getting into the semiconductor markets. Add to this the cost of being a small fish with UK costs and you are always going to struggle to make a profit.

dale gribble
Chat Pages: 168  167  166  165  164  163  162  161  160  159  158  157  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock