ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

AAZ Anglo Asian Mining Plc

-0.50 (-0.77%)
Last Updated: 09:16:43
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Anglo Asian Mining Plc LSE:AAZ London Ordinary Share GB00B0C18177 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.50 -0.77% 64.50 62.00 67.00 65.00 64.50 65.00 56,873 09:16:43
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Miscellaneous Metal Ores,nec 84.72M 3.66M 0.0320 20.16 73.69M
Anglo Asian Mining Plc is listed in the Miscellaneous Metal Ores sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AAZ. The last closing price for Anglo Asian Mining was 65p. Over the last year, Anglo Asian Mining shares have traded in a share price range of 36.50p to 121.50p.

Anglo Asian Mining currently has 114,242,024 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Anglo Asian Mining is £73.69 million. Anglo Asian Mining has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 20.16.

Anglo Asian Mining Share Discussion Threads

Showing 144201 to 144220 of 144225 messages
Chat Pages: 5769  5768  5767  5766  5765  5764  5763  5762  5761  5760  5759  5758  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/4/2024
13:34
Glad you said there’s a trade there, as I have a small long, as I feel it’s in play :)

I’ll not be hanging around though!

riggerbeautz
23/4/2024
13:23
Rb, thanks - and yes I agree there could be a trade coming with PXC with all the heightened noise currently. But MJ, as for them having a “prospect̶1; there in Idaho I just don’t see it - it’s a clapped out mine, marginal resource (being generous) and a dozen operators have walked away from it over the last 50 years. Even if there was something there, I hugely doubt the calibre of the management team to do anything about it, Edwards-Jones is a moron, Wilkins - well I have many words to describe him, none of which are complimentary in any way. The CEO admittedly I don’t know. A decade and a half ago I was warned off ANYTHING that Wilkins was involved in by someone who knows the game inside out - over that decade and a half it’s proven to be extremely sage advice. Leopards, spots and terrible track records…
bumpa33
23/4/2024
13:14
agree cmb,, get the TD permission and a lot of other stars are aligning for AAZ right now,, could cause a nice lift in the share price .. fingers crossed, Cheers Wan :-)
wanobi
23/4/2024
13:12
thanx Mj,, I hope it bounces and goes up from this point, for you,, Cheers Wan :-) :-)

free stock charts from uk.advfn.com

wanobi
23/4/2024
13:07
and I will add to that,,,, listening to Bumpa has saved me a lot of losses over the years and you can probably guess from that,,, I am not currently invested in PXC...

and I could have saved a lot more had I listen to him and acted accordingly on stuff I took to where I thought I was right,,, and actually he was, I wasn't :-) :-) :-)

Cheers
Wan :-)

wanobi
23/4/2024
13:05
many thanx for your concern d18,,,, the PXC debate is ongoing, robust and healthy as far as I'm concerned... but, I do appreciate your motives as I know they are borne out of the frustrations we all see with the antics on so many advfn threads... but, I assure you, Bumpa & DP are good people with very different views in regard to PXC,,, such is the market,,, Cheers Wan :-)
wanobi
23/4/2024
12:13
Fair points chaps, I was just trying to put a lid on what appeared to be a debate that was rapidly deteriorating! As long as everyone is ok to give and take, no issue from me. Not sure which large mining company thread I am on Cmb as like Wan, I am up to my neck in Aaz. Occasionally comment on Hoc and Fres, where I have small holdings.
digger18
23/4/2024
11:48
Wan' having checked the RNS again it was the 14th of March when the Azari's got all the paperwork they had asked AAZ for.
So it will work through all the burocratic departments slowly.
Then I think it will be presented to the El Presidente for a sign off !! Now have a realistic guess as to when eventually we will get the RNS with the TD news ??
Remember how long we had to waite for the PSA to come through??
LOL :-) amazing how slowly the time passes when we are waiting for certain important news from a government.
In the meantime the shareprice will bounce around whatever. Traders wouldn't want to hang around that long. Perhaps I will accumulate a bit more cash to do another top up. :-) :-) depending upon the share price.

2cmb
23/4/2024
11:05
20k BUY in the auction at 65p .... Buyer was willing to pay up to 66p for them
mattjos
23/4/2024
10:52
MJ’s comment is exactly the issue many on the PXC thread were trying to deny, funding wouldn’t be a problem because the prospect was so good; well time moved on. I’ve noticed PoF is back posting and we’re coming into an anticipated news period and funding is still required. 🤔

Bumpa I’m with you, I’m sure there’s a trade coming though and DP put simply when you’re on the payroll, anything you say has to be considered ramping because you defend everything the company does.

riggerbeautz
23/4/2024
10:44
My favourite Non-AIM Recovery stock / Infrastructure play is Costain LSE:COST. Summed up well in the Sunday Times this week...

Share tip: Costain is building itself up again
Builder is leading the resurgence in the construction sector

Sunday April 21 2024, 12.01am, The Sunday Times

"The construction sector is picking itself up out of the rubble. Last year, more building companies went bust than in any other industry — a record 4,400 collapsing due to supply chain disruption, high material prices and labour shortages. The larger players stayed the course — most had improved their risk calculations after the liquidation of rival Carillion and Interserve’s rescue by its lenders. Now, more stable interest rates, easing inflation and more contract tendering are boosting construction’s appeal.

The City has noticed, to an extent: Kier and Costain’s shares are 20 per cent higher than at the start of the year; Balfour Beatty and Galliford Try are up about 7 per cent. But they’re still a long way from their past peaks. Costain, for example, is now trading at 75p, less than half its pre-pandemic share price of 194p, while back in May 2019, its shares changed hands for £3. Since then, the firm, founded in Liverpool in 1865 has been punished for booking expensive charges for badly priced energy and road contracts, and diluted by a £100 million rights issue at the start of the pandemic, required to secure the balance sheet.

But Costain is a vastly improved outfit from the housebuilder it was long ago. It has been transformed into an infrastructure contractor with tentacles in many a sector. It works with most of the major water suppliers on pollution-kerbing upgrades, with National Highways, Transport for London and National Rail, on the government’s contracts to decommission first-generation nuclear sites, and in defence. Costain looks poised to benefit from the UK’s likely Labour-led investment in more infrastructure projects. As Joe Brent, head of research at Liberum, explained: “We are optimistic about the outlook for infrastructure and believe Costain is the purest trade on this theme.”

Last month, the firm posted a 10.5 per cent rise in adjusted operating profit to £40 million for 2023. This year, more than 80 per cent of its revenues have already been booked. Chief executive Alex Vaughan pointed out that the value of this is about three times last year’s earnings. This confidence helped Costain bring back its annual dividend. Its cashflow is smoother due to recent cost-cutting tinkering: for example, its pension fund contributions were dramatically slashed following a review last year. Net cash stands stronger at £164 million, from £124 million a year ago. The relatively small gap between those cash reserves and Costain’s £217 million market capitalisation hammers home its good value.

Of course, the firm remains vulnerable to the ebbs and flows of contract-awarding mandarins, as has been seen with HS2. But analysts predict its pre-tax profit will exceed £52 million next year, and Costain’s shares are trading on just five times earnings for this year. It has a packed order book of blue-chip customers and has rebuilt its reputation: Buy Costain."

someuwin
23/4/2024
10:34
DP has at least aligned himself with what does appear to be a decent project opportunity.
Obviously a very long road still ahead for the company & anything possible.

mattjos
23/4/2024
10:23
On another note, there were only 727 companies in the LSE AIM market in February !! A few more have delisted since then!! I rember a time when there were well close to 2,000 Co.s in the AIM if I am not mistaken!

BMN,PHI, ext,ext will be out too before too long !! LSE is going down the pan IMHO.
PHE, is a classic example of a co. that is still pulling in punters!!!
16/17 CEO's and FDR's have resigned over time !! Makes one wonder !!

Anyways let's see what the future holds for AAZ.

2cmb
23/4/2024
10:18
Agree, I respect Bumpa and hope to prove him wrong on PXC but as Matt says it highlights how tricky bringing a mine into production can be.
donald pond
23/4/2024
10:14
LOL Bumpa always calls a spade a spade,with expressive language
DP is an excellent cotribuer as well.
This is a debate,not a fight. Great logical arguments and points put forward by both parties. I enjoy being a sideline spectator. This is what makes this thread an excellent thread.
Digger18, perhaps you should stick to your large mining company threads !!

2cmb
23/4/2024
10:13
PXC just highlights how incredibly difficult it is for any junior explorer to get a project off the ground, even based in an investor-friendly jurisdiction such as the USA.

PXC has recently fallen back and filled the April 2020 12-13.5p Gap & now showing some signs of life so (irrespective of its business prospects) there are some valid technical reasons to be long in it right now

mattjos
23/4/2024
10:05
IQE bouncing off the 13 EMA today, wanobi
mattjos
23/4/2024
10:03
We’re having a debate, they’re sporadic, they happen, they end. And whilst I hugely disagree with Donald on PXC I consider him a “good contributor” here. If you don’t like my delivery then fair enough, it ain’t for everyone - just stick me on filter.
bumpa33
23/4/2024
09:41
I'm paid to communicate facts and expectations. You may sometimes think the expectations are not going to be met, but I never present expectations as facts. Anyway, let's see how it plays out.
donald pond
23/4/2024
09:29
Bumpa, I've never ramped PXC. There's no attempt to hide the fact that until we have a proper economic model it will be hard to evaluate the worth of the mine and even then, it needs fundingWhat I will say is that the project has been refined to focus entirely on improving margins. That was the result of covid and the supply issues. It means that I expect the PFS to show a very attractive economic return. Then the copper bond structure means that the upside from the copper price is split between the company and the bond holders. The company will get 80-90% of the upside but if we enter a copper bull market everyone wins. So it is all still to play for imo.
donald pond
Chat Pages: 5769  5768  5767  5766  5765  5764  5763  5762  5761  5760  5759  5758  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock