ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

BHY Henry Boot

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Henry Boot LSE:BHY London Ordinary Share GB0001110096 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 235.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Henry Boot Share Discussion Threads

Showing 301 to 323 of 325 messages
Chat Pages: 13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
12/4/2017
09:50
A new ticker as from tomorrow of BOOT.

Lets hope it can boot its way through the 240p resistance.

shauney2
24/3/2017
10:13
Wrong!
R.

retsius
24/3/2017
07:04
Excellent results on first glance.what's not to like. I can see this moving north today!!!
R.

retsius
24/3/2017
07:02
well, they look a great set of results to me! DYOR....lovely yield, low gearing, big growth, ...
qs99
23/3/2017
22:08
Fingers crossed and all that stuff!
cwa1
23/3/2017
17:49
Nice move ahead of the full year results tomorrow.

Lets see how slightly ahead they are.

shauney2
23/3/2017
17:47
Nice spike ahead of results tomorrow IMO!
qs99
14/2/2017
10:20
Indeed and more coming today it would seem bodes well IMO
qs99
13/2/2017
10:37
Good to see it break out of the long held trading range.
shauney2
10/2/2017
13:09
continuing to make good progress...
qs99
08/2/2017
13:14
indeed, glad I held on after the pause after last RNS
qs99
08/2/2017
13:07
Good write up from ST in the IC has boosted the shares from Monday.
R.

retsius
18/1/2017
12:32
Nice, happy to wait this one out people must still be confused about Brexit and the changes rippling through the UK but it could be very positive for this overlooked outfit. Early evidence is a good sign!
renixus1
18/1/2017
09:17
I topped up at the last results and its still stuck in the tight range.
Still quality will out eventually one would hope.

shauney2
18/1/2017
08:54
Slightly surprised to get a "top up" at 198 after this morning's update but took a few nonetheless.
cwa1
18/1/2017
07:45
All sounds tickety boo here:-

Trading Update

The Board of Henry Boot PLC issues the following trading update for the year ended 31 December 2016 ahead of its full year results which will be announced on Friday, 24 March 2017.

December 2016 was, as expected, a busy month from a deal completion perspective. Certain land and property development deals completed in line with our expectations and the month also saw a total of 44 residential completions at our JV house builder, Stonebridge Projects, and The Chocolate Factory in York. In addition, construction work on the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre development is ahead of schedule resulting in marginally higher profit recognition for the year. We have also now received the draft investment property valuation data for our portfolio for 31 December 2016 which was as expected.

Taking the above into account, the Board now expects that profit before tax and earnings per share for the year ended 31 December 2016 will be slightly ahead of market expectations.

Furthermore, and notwithstanding the continuing macroeconomic concerns regarding the EU Referendum, the committed and contracted activity we already have in place means we start 2017 in an excellent position to achieve yet another year of further progress, delivering growth in long-term shareholder value.

We look forward to updating shareholders further on 24 March 2017 with our full year results announcement.

cwa1
30/8/2016
12:42
Simon Thompson comment today on Henry Boots results

"A boot'ful investment

The key takes for me in the half-year results of small-cap property and construction company Henry Boot (BHY:208p) was not that it's trading ahead of previous expectations after land sales were completed earlier than expected ('Boot'ful land sales boost Henry Boot', 9 Jun 2016), but that activity and deals are progressing as envisaged with little negative impact since the Brexit vote.

Land development division Hallam Land secured planning consent on more than 4,100 plots in the six-month period and now has 15,183 plots across 47 sites for sale, and a further 9,500 plots across 18 sites subject to planning applications. Pricing levels since the EU referendum have been maintained and the £111m book value of land investments, held at the lower of cost or net realisable value, affords substantial asset backing. A doubling of Hallam Land's first-half operating profits to £13.3m, and a 50 per cent-plus rise in profits from commercial property developments were the key reasons behind Henry Boot's pre-tax profits and EPS rising by half to £20.8m and 11.9p, respectively. Full-year EPS expectations of 20.3p support a raised payout of 6.5p a share and look well within reach.

Moreover, as the pre-let commercial development pipeline completes over the next few years this will result in the company being cash-flow-positive, thus placing it in a strong position to exploit any acquisition opportunities. In any case, net debt is already comfortable at 25 per cent of shareholders' funds, so the company's balance sheet is hardly overgeared. Henry Boot also holds £118m of income-producing investment property, so offering further asset backing, and a de-risked commercial development pipeline, both of which are supportive of decent earnings growth in the years to come.

True, the shares have yet to make any meaningful headway on my 205p buy-in price ('A bootiful investment', 19 Feb 2015), but I still believe this is a rock solid company and one where my heavily discounted
sum-of-the-parts valuation of 280p a share is warranted. BUY

loobrush
25/8/2016
14:29
Motley Fool today

Henry Boot (LSE:BHY) reported a strong performance in its half-year results this morning. The group, whose operations extend across housebuilding, commercial development, construction and plant hire, said pre-tax profit advanced 49% on increased revenue of 35%.

The shares have moved higher in early trading, and at 208p are back to their pre-referendum level. Management said that so far since the Brexit vote it's been business-as-usual, but what I particularly liked was the following comment.

"The completion of our commercial development pipeline in progress, largely already pre-let and/or pre-sold is likely to see the Group be cash generative over the next two years and, should the post referendum world prove to be more turbulent than we are experiencing at the moment, these internally generated funds should provide the resources to acquire competitively priced opportunities for the next cyclical growth phase".

Trading on a price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of just 9.9, an attractive price-to-earnings growth (PEG) ratio of 0.5, and with a handy 3.2% dividend yield, this looks a very buyable stock to my eye.

loobrush
25/8/2016
10:33
Certainly my reading is that most of the Aberdeen stuff isn't speculative-- it's just a contract.
bscuit
25/8/2016
09:52
I think you will find that the Aberdeen project is not a speculative project as its with City Council and all buttoned up niceley. Boot is avery carefull company in this regard-what you might call a safe pair of hands in my view .
loobrush
25/8/2016
09:30
Results good but I'm reluctant to chase due to the significant investment in Aberdeen which is risky due to North Sea oil decline
wipo1
25/8/2016
08:17
Great results-very pleased. They are so very low key at these great results and contract gain news, the complete opposite of most aim company directors who would be saying how brilliant they are with half year profits up from £14 million to £20 million. Love it
loobrush
25/8/2016
07:57
Good results as expected and better still a positive outlook even if the road ahead with brexit uncertainties remains bumpy, using cash to take advantage of any opportunities ahead of the eventual upswing.

On top of yesterdays Aberdeen news, happy to have held on to these.

paleje
Chat Pages: 13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock