ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

ISP Investec Struc

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Investec Struc LSE:ISP London Ordinary Share GB00B631ZQ22 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 55.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Investec Struc Share Discussion Threads

Showing 126 to 145 of 150 messages
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/11/2004
17:08
Hi all
Any good/reliable, good value isp around?
I looked at www.ispreview.co.uk
GJ

gerard j
21/6/2003
23:25
Mad4IT
The trouble is if you are already caught up in a contract with BT. This restriction (below) stops me sending mail via my domain hosted by another ISP and I face heavy penaltires for leaving ... like pay to the end of the contract. I find it unbelievable; look at the ladt sentence ... the restriction reads like a favour to the customer...

BT's message
"to further improve security to our business customers and reduce spam we are making some changes to our SMTP mail servers. From Friday 6 June if you are using Oulook express or another mail client and connecting to the Internet using a service provider other than BT Openworld broadband business you will need to use our authenticated e-mail feature to send e-mails via BT connect servers. This feature makes sure that only BT Openworld broadband business account holders can send e-mail using our mail servers."

seconduser
21/6/2003
14:27
Collin

There are plenty of other broadband providers besides BT. Check out for more info.

mad4it
21/6/2003
14:18
Hey Colin, it just got worse. I hadn't seen your note and posted under epic = ISP
seconduser
23/2/2003
22:39
Get with it you GEEK this is a "Financial" BB
29palms
05/10/2002
20:02
Neil

Well unless you go abroad the sunbathing will soon be at an end.............. until next year!

timeliner
05/10/2002
19:39
Hi Chris

I'm trying to find time to trade but demands on my time are still excessive. The good news is that these demands are now mainly holidays, sunbathing, dog-walking etc. :)

optimist
05/10/2002
15:58
Neil

Are you finding plenty of time to trade now? ;-)

Chris

timeliner
05/10/2002
15:37
I have just been booted off BT Connect for leaving the connection open all day.

They asked me to downgrade my account to pay as you go which means that I can keep my email accounts which can be accessed via another ISP. It remains to be seen how long it will be before they realise that I am not using the ISP part of the account.

optimist
05/10/2002
15:18
Didn't realise I had option of free 3 month trial on AOL when I bought new laptop a couple of months ago. Signed up today. So have a few weeks to compare services. Pity I can't use Microsoft Outlook Express with it though, although will have to take out BT Pay as you go - if I decide to continue with AOL and cancel BT Anytime.
timeliner
03/10/2002
20:58
I use www.onetel.net £12.99 a month, v reliable (part of Centrica). Never booted off, usually ultra reliable. Need a BT line, but will dial up from virtually any BT line, I use it home and work same account.
seymour clearly
03/10/2002
20:30
I recommend Plusnet www.plus.com
They use CLI to check your number but give you a web page where you can insert up to 4 CLI numbers that they will then accept for you.
You can change any or all of them anytime at your convenience.

keithb
03/10/2002
17:14
anybody use Tiscali anytime?

comments + or - both welcome

bonsai
03/10/2002
12:53
Timeliner

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your question. You have probably found out already but it is £16 a month and yes it can be used from any landline. I use it also via my mobile but then you have to use an 0845 number aand pay whatever your mobile provider charges.

Regards
march

march
03/10/2002
12:44
I used to use BT anytime and got cut-off for abusing the system, ie using it as if it was an Anytime service (sic). I tried looking around for alternatives but found that similar clauses to BT's existed so in the end I stumped up a little extra per month and am now an ADSL subscriber.

I use Zen Internet (£25.52pm 512k download/256k upload) but there are many other providers, plus of course the Cable option of Telewest Blueyonder service. In the case of adsl you also must add the one-off cost of a modem/router and some splitters for your phone sockets. Really, its the way to go, forget Dial-up, go broadband
Vanilla

vanilla
03/10/2002
12:14
Thanks for the replies.

Having spoken to a few people today and been in the website above, AOL seems to be the best way forward.

I'll test it on a spare PC before the BT Anytime service worsens in November.

timeliner
03/10/2002
07:41
March - thank for your reply.

ADSL isn't available at the moment.

timeliner
03/10/2002
02:42
Vanilla - I agree totally - I use Pipex Xtreme Solo ADSL - but I think the point Timeliner made in the opening post was the need for anytime *portable* options. ADSL is great - but it is fixed. If you spend a lot of time on the move, dialup per-minute can be really quite expensive
serratededge
01/10/2002
20:17
SerratedEdge,
many apologies,
starting to spell like blackday (trader's thread)
it should of course be 'review' not 'revue'
sorry

baffled
01/10/2002
20:08
baffled - I just tried www.isprevue.co.uk

"connection with server cannot be established"

serratededge
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock