ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

ECO Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas Ltd

-0.20 (-2.26%)
Last Updated: 14:00:19
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas Ltd LSE:ECO London Ordinary Share CA27887W1005 COM SHS NPV (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.20 -2.26% 8.65 8.50 8.80 8.85 8.65 8.85 190,296 14:00:19
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Blank Checks 19.28M -36.55M -0.0987 -1.52 55.53M
Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas Ltd is listed in the Blank Checks sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker ECO. The last closing price for Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas was 8.85p. Over the last year, Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas shares have traded in a share price range of 8.65p to 21.00p.

Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas currently has 370,173,680 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas is £55.53 million. Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -1.52.

Eco (atlantic) Oil & Gas Share Discussion Threads

Showing 11126 to 11150 of 11150 messages
Chat Pages: 446  445  444  443  442  441  440  439  438  437  436  435  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/3/2024
14:13
I guess the drop could be as a result of this article but if so it seems a bit overdone and just the way things are in the oil industry these days and Total must be confident with their position. South Africa are desperate for energy security at the moment and experiencing blackouts on a large scale.

hxxps://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/TotalEnergies-South-Africa-Ambitions-Wise-or-Risky.html

gisjob2
28/3/2024
13:16
Amazed at the price action here since the farm-out, which secures the company financially for years without needing to issue any more shares and with 2 more big farm-outs to come. Granted there's no visibility of drilling dates yet but does anyone believe the share price will still be languishing this low after the next 2 farm-outs or after a published drill date in the orange basin.
gisjob2
22/3/2024
19:41
Sintana#Drillrig back at Mopane X1 discovery site.DST operations imminent.Cash
cashandcard
19/3/2024
10:02
Mr Hangman,No problem. It is staggering given AOI are putting a value of $800mln on a company that has 9.5% carried interest in the Venus blocks. Impact does have other assets, but they are early stage and I would suggest 85-90% of Impacts value is from its Venus.In the long run, this Impact offer by AOI is rather interesting given AOI will also be increasing its stake in Orange basin deep in South Africa - we now know Total will be drilling there in a campaign which ECO and partners should also see some drilling.Cash
cashandcard
18/3/2024
21:49
Thanks for that Cash, I find it staggering hour the market/investors can't see if successful how much our 6.25 stake could be worth
mr hangman
18/3/2024
14:15
Africa Oil moving in to take more of Impact, thus more of the Venus block.

"VANCOUVER, BC, March 18, 2024 /CNW/ - (TSX: AOI) (Nasdaq-Stockholm: AOI) – Africa Oil Corp. ("Africa Oil", or the "Company") has made a cash offer ("Offer") to acquire from minority shareholders in Impact Oil and Gas Limited ("Impact") up to 8.0% of the issued shares in Impact. The Offer is made at a price of USD 0.728 per Impact share, for a consideration of up to approximately USD 64 million, which implies a valuation of USD 805 million for 100% of the issued share capital of Impact. Africa Oil currently holds a 31.1% shareholding in Impact. 

The share purchase is conditional upon completion of the farm down transaction for Impact's Namibia assets announced on January 10, 2024. The Offer is made to select minority shareholders and is open for acceptance until April 5, 2024. Africa Oil is under no obligation to purchase any specific number of shares in Impact"

Shows you how valuable a tiny holding (less than 1% of Venus block here) could be in a success case.

ECO's 6.25% of 3B4B could be worth a fortune in time.

Cash

cashandcard
14/3/2024
22:30
Sintana Energy#Mopane-X2 - discovery confirmed this evening by GALP. Mopane X2 had 3 prospective targets and logged a significant light oil column.Pressure regime same as Mopane-1X, now GALP heading back to X1 location for DST.Mopane field is large.Namibia, Orange Basin going from strength to strength.ECO will have its day.Cash
cashandcard
14/3/2024
06:27
Eco presentation today. All very positive!
dat
hxxps://www.investormeetcompany.com/meetings/investor-update-44

dat_51
09/3/2024
01:13
If this share price continues to drift I'll be adding plenty to my recent purchase and holding to see where we are in 18 months. I believe patience will be rewarded by decent, risk free farm-outs and hopefully drilling success
gisjob2
07/3/2024
20:56
You don't need much to prosper when the rewards are so big. Look at Sintana Energy as an example; 5% interest in PEL83 via local affiliate Custos. This is where the huge Mopane structure recently hit the jackpot. Second (appraisal) well being drilled right now, closing in on first target horizon, upper Cretaceous sands, that had a significant light oil column in the first well. Mopane structure has upto 10billion barrels of oil in place (JV estimated).

5% - 6% - 7% is very meaningful when the targets are elephant sized.

I suspect 3B/4B resources will be upgraded in due course, no one better to partner and get carried by than Total and moneybags Qatar.

What ECO need is a drilling timeline to be announced, then it's off to the races.

They could also get a Guyana farmout done on better terms.

Cash

cashandcard
07/3/2024
19:48
I don't think ECO have been shafted, better to be funded for drilling and have the partner of choice, than issue shares like confetti to fund drilling and take on huge financial risk.
If ECO relied on issuing shares to raise money to fund well drilling the share price would collapse and any hydrocarbon finds watered down by the billions of share in issue anyway. Any dry wells could have meant collapse. It's much better to avoid the risk and benefit from any finds albeit in a smaller way. With Total in charge and having rigs in the area, the exploration wells are likely to happen sooner too.

gisjob2
07/3/2024
19:36
I to have bought more today, with placing worries erased this should be a decent punt over the next 2-3 yearsNot sure what investors expected from the farm down, from my experience in the oil industry, small exploration cos always get sharfted
mr hangman
07/3/2024
19:17
I've watched this share for months and couldn't see the near term share price drivers, so was quite surprised the farm-out happened quite so quickly. Having seen the plunge in price today after yesterday's RNS I decided to buy at 9.9p because surely this will be higher in the next few months after the next farm-out and just prior to Orange Basin drilling hopefully around Christmas.
I'm taking a 12 to 18 month view.

gisjob2
07/3/2024
17:16
Totally agree gisjob2, but this is AIM short termism and with no more news for a while shareprice will drift, although how much is anybodies guess. I lost out on the last drill (30p), and aim to get my average down to around 12-15p, over the next few weeks. I don't mind waiting for a year, given that Total are involved, and now there is very little risk of a placing.
ragpicker
07/3/2024
16:30
Can't believe the share price reaction today. While I can understand the intial disappointment about the retained share after the farm-out, it's fully carried and will generate staged cash payments for the company. Total are the company of choice in the area and on a successful drill result ECO could be sitting on a small share of a very large resource. The hope is for the drilling to commence around year end (possibly best to allow a small delay) which will surely increase the share price on anticipation of any success.
I see this as securing ECO's near term future prior to farming out Orinduik and Namibia.

I can't quite believe that the share price is around the same as before the RNS yesterday, Eco seems in a much better place today than last week.

gisjob2
06/3/2024
21:11
By the looks of things looks a decent farm down
mr hangman
06/3/2024
17:48
Malcy's take on the Farm In.

This too is a very good deal, a strategic fit if ever there was one which leaves Eco in a very strong position in South Africa with Total and Qatar as partners. Indeed as partners Total fit the bill down to a T, they have immense knowledge of the petroleum system, are involved in blocks 5,6 and 7 as well as deep water blocks and now have two rigs of its own in the area one of which is earmarked for the Orange Basin.

This is the biggest deal Eco has done, a great deal of money brought in in a number of payments including the spud of an exploration well and more importantly a full carry of all its JV costs repayable from production. But this is a smart deal in more than one way than one, with its 6.25% Eco will be in a very strong position in one of the best post codes in international oil exploration.

The 4 billion barrels in the CPR mean that even 6.25% of that really ‘moves the needle’ in any valuation of Eco, they are kushti in that after any discovery and payback they have the put and the call. My guess is that Qatar would buy more of the block so would be a natural buyer at a premium or Eco could just hunker down and watch the value rise.

Once this has been done Eco have the small matter of their acreage in Namibia to farm-out and with the interest locally interest may be substantial. Finally the company are doing a formal farm-out process with regard to their Orinduik block in Guyana where current interest is also very keen.

Eco shares are up very modestly today, it will take a while for the market to work out quite how valuable they are after this deal and I’m sure that will come with time, they stay in the bucket list out next week.

bocase
06/3/2024
12:16
Proactive Investors 'Eco Atlantic Oil & Gas announces biggest deal to date with Orange Basin farmout'
mick_oi
06/3/2024
12:06
Worthless target note - seriously, it's currently 11p
value viper
06/3/2024
10:02
I expect to reach breakeven this year!!

The assets here are very attractive, on both sides of the Atlantic.

chessman2
06/3/2024
09:09
New note from Berenberg with a price target of £1.25.
ltinvestor
06/3/2024
07:49
Clearly leaked to some yesterday judging by the price action
banksy
06/3/2024
07:46
Brilliant deal - Now, time to get the drillrig overthere.I would expect later this year - or maybe early next.Cash
cashandcard
06/3/2024
07:39
Price action ?
value viper
06/3/2024
07:29
Just in case anyone missed it. 😀
ifthecapfits
Chat Pages: 446  445  444  443  442  441  440  439  438  437  436  435  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock