ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

CCI Canaccord

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Canaccord LSE:CCI London Ordinary Share CA1348011091 COM SHS NPV
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 625.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Canaccord Share Discussion Threads

Showing 326 to 340 of 350 messages
Chat Pages: 14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
18/11/2008
13:52
Henry, that is a bit of a departure from your normal setup, but neverthless interesting. Hope you are well
minky
17/9/2008
09:47
Hi Henry, Fives. Very quiet on here. Trust system is still bringing in the points for you both.
minky
05/9/2008
13:33
Hi Henry, Fives,

A bit quiet on this board. Hope you are both well. Had a few losers the last few days. Must learn and be confident about shorting.

minky
01/9/2008
15:09
Not trading much today seems very difficult.
minky
28/8/2008
12:22
Minky, ROFL. Make sure you time your toilet breaks well then!
fivesboy
28/8/2008
12:15
Fives, I will not be deliberately doing that again.
minky
28/8/2008
07:49
Minky, nice one. Maybe I should try a 'Minky' and leave the room and see how I get on when I come back. I can't believe no-one's thought of that one before! ;)
fivesboy
27/8/2008
18:10
Fives, I was trading the ftse. Went out after lunch today and came back to check how my recent purchase of BP was going. Capital window was still open and I noticed the balance at the bottom was changing. I thought that was a bit odd as it usually means an open trade. When I checked there was an open trade and I made 92 points without being aware. A bit stupid really, but all to the good.

Henry, thanks for your support. I am still using the SMI and CCI as a guide but it is still hard to trade with consistency.

minky
27/8/2008
13:42
Fives I also found pre 09:00 hard. Started well with +3,+5,+4 then went downhill with -1,-2 & -11. Post 09:00 quite good though. I have returned email.

Well done minky.

henryatkin
27/8/2008
12:18
Well done Minky. I assume that's SnP500 you're trading.

I've not had a good day. Mostly hesitating on getting out of positions when they go against me in initial stages of a trade. I have been very good at this recently so don't know why today I've hesitated so much. My trading log is full of expletives on this one. I've found today hard work.

fivesboy
27/8/2008
11:42
Couple of trades earlier this morning for 7.2 and 8.2 points.
minky
26/8/2008
12:07
Fives .... I look at the entire trend line first then I look at the last two peaks high or low. So in the case you mention there was a low at about 9.30 and another at about just before 10.00. It is the last line that I would usually use for short term trades/price action confirmation. Whilst I did use this myself to close my price action long position, I didn't go short. To go short with the CCI in positive territory I would have wanted to see negative divergence between the price and the cci as per the 9.10 reversal (double bottom, gap up and breach of the -130 line). Although as you say its counter- intuative I would rather bank a small profit rather than risk loosing it. I would then wait for the next short term trade entry signal to present itself. In the meantime I let the long term trades run.
henryatkin
26/8/2008
10:10
Henry,

Thanks for e-mail.

Question: When you are looking at CCI trendlines. Do you use the entire CCI trendline or only from where the CCI trend and the Price trend are in correlation?

For example today from about 8:37 today until 9:07 the CCI was trending up even though the Price was trending down. Would you use this part of the CCI trend as part of the uptrend to identify a CCI trendline break? It would seem counter-intuitive to do so as the price and CCI are not in line and hence CCI trend would not be indicative of the price uptrend.

fivesboy
20/8/2008
15:04
Things sometimes just do not go to plan. I keep making small losses because I must be anticipating the turn instead of waiting for confirmation.
minky
19/8/2008
13:32
Henry,

Fantastic result. Truly impressive. I am really intrigued to see how your short term strategy pans out as now I am now much happier with the long term strategy after your explanations. However, I am not confident enough yet to take out three positions. Would be very good to get to this stage as this multiplies the winners considerably. As per e-mail sent, I am struggling more with the short term strategy as I have a lot of losing trades on this which can wipe out a lot of the longer term gains.

fivesboy
Chat Pages: 14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock