ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

ASF Asfare

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Asfare LSE:ASF London Ordinary Share GB0033997387 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 169.50 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Asfare Share Discussion Threads

Showing 276 to 297 of 300 messages
Chat Pages: 12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
02/5/2007
11:19
Started a new thread under the ASTO ticker.
egoi
20/4/2007
10:38
Tipped in IC today
tom.muir
17/4/2007
12:50
I could change the charts (only the thread starter can apparently); but I can't change the thread epic, and therefore it'll only show ASF charts - Catch22!

Still some buyers at this level, though I wouldn't be surprised to see consolidation before an attempt at 200p.

egoi
13/4/2007
14:21
Nothing in IC today.
Its been a brilliant one for me. Started buying in Sept at 90p so doubled my money already and hopefully a lot further to go yet.

tom.muir
13/4/2007
11:42
Good not to be alone!
I think it was a cracking deal Tom, most bb punters only focused on the part of the placing at 145p and I don't think understood what else was on offer. Quite a few buys this morning - wonder if IC said something?

egoi
12/4/2007
16:49
I'm still in. Just watching the price go up and wondering why. lol. Not complaining though
tom.muir
12/4/2007
15:30
Yes Jock, TDW have it as as Assetco in my account but even now showing as ASF!

Going very nicely - am I the only one left??

egoi
30/3/2007
11:20
ASF are now ASTO, as of today. Glad to be out. Will keep an eye on them until things become clearer.
verulamium
09/3/2007
14:17
IC today says it looks a good deal. However I wonder how closely they looked at the 220 page document that was sent out this week. I ask because they say that AssetCo is talking to 57 fire authorities. In fact the prospectus says that there are 57 authorities in the UK and they are talking to ten of them. It still looks a good deal to me though and I am very happy to stay in. Tom
tom.muir
09/3/2007
12:14
Wonder if the deal will get some weekend press - well deserving of it imho; moving up again, away from the 145p mentioned in the document.

interesting how sellers were absorbed on 'day one' and smaller buying has subsequently moved the shares higher - bigger buyer in the background?

egoi
08/3/2007
10:47
daunker - your point about the management is a good one. Unfortunately, it would seem that all of the main board of ASF will be departing and leaving it to the Assetco guys. They may well be good as well, but obviously to us they are an unknown quantity at this stage.
jockblue
08/3/2007
08:18
daunker... there will be 67m shares in total, so at £1.50, mkt cap will be 100m
cb7
07/3/2007
20:57
The takeover is for £80.2 million I thought, using your 4.3 figure, that gives them a historic p/e of 18.6. With acquisitions management is key, and Asfare have consistently shown both prudence and foresight, as well as value in selecting companies to acquire. They have also shown considerable skill in their integration. This is obviously much more ambitious but is something that will really (imo) propel the company to much much greater things than could have otherwise been achieved.
daunker
06/3/2007
16:29
egoi.. the 6.2m that was quoted was pre-tax, eps is based on post-tax figure, lets say 4.3m, which puts them on a p/e nearer 23. If it was only 16, then I would have stayed!
cb7
06/3/2007
10:46
All i was hoping to promote was a full discussion which after the last three or four posts is beginning to emerge. Agreed liars, and I don't know why thisisme felt unable to handle an alternative view!

Still at least the rest of us can move on. There's a lot worthy of discussion imho on both sides but as I said I am overall positive otherwise I'd be out.

CB7's figures suggest a historic p/e of 16 and given recent growth from both companies I think that is a snip on these figures as continued growth should see those numbers quickly left behind.

I do like it, target for me of around 250p, which was my initial three year target for ASF at the start of this thread last August, (when it was undr 80p) but after the last results I wasn't sure they could achieve it.

Now I think it will be surpassed and in a shorter timeframe. Nice.

Until now I was happy to hold my remaining shares. now back on my 'add' list.

egoi
06/3/2007
10:37
I agree - don't let it become personal guys. Two opposing views are great, after all - it's what makes a market. :O)
liarspoker
06/3/2007
10:37
As I am unable to understand the deal fully, I am out, too. It certainly has moved the Co. out of my investment strategy.
gepetto
06/3/2007
10:29
I can see both sides of the arguement guys... at first it seems a clear non earnings enhancing deal. 67m shares @ 1.50 = 100m mkt cap, with pre-tax of only 6.2m... doesnt look a good deal.... However, both companies are moving in the right direction, so this coming year may be good. And support service companies, assuming it is classified as such, are often highly rated. So the future may be bright, but the future isnt clear and so not only is the jury out, but I'm out too!
cb7
06/3/2007
10:17
Don't get personal guys. Everyone is entitled to their own views and opinions.
geovest
06/3/2007
10:10
Emotionally dependent, oh dear you truly are naive thisisme; i sold half my ASF after results because I was slightly disappointed. I do not get attached - infact my ruthlessness cost me, because the shares are now higher. I always sell or reduce on bad news.

Too many other good stories out there competing for my money.

Filter by all means if you 'can't handle an adult, sensible debate'. No worries. -:)

IMHO this is a good deal; if I felt otherwise I would have sold (as I have more than doubled my money on this already, in a matter of months, since I flagged it up on here, I would have been very happy to say thanks and goodbye).

Hope you made money out of my suggestion thisisme. -:)

egoi
06/3/2007
10:07
You mean unlike those trying to talk it up ;-)
geovest
06/3/2007
10:07
egoi you are obviously one of these fools who become emotionally dependent on their holdings and can't see what is going on. Since your thoughts are of no use will filter you so that I will not be influenced be your emotional attachments in future.

My dealings have yet to show.

Goodbye Geovest.

this_is_me
Chat Pages: 12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock