ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

MRP Meridian Pet. (See LSE:PPC)

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Meridian Pet. (See LSE:PPC) LSE:MRP London Ordinary Share GB00B3DDP128 ORD 30P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 55.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Meridian Petroleum Share Discussion Threads

Showing 53776 to 53800 of 53800 messages
Chat Pages: 2152  2151  2150  2149  2148  2147  2146  2145  2144  2143  2142  2141  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
04/8/2019
22:01
Brasso,

Mira Resources held the ticker for a while in 2011.

andy
04/8/2019
21:46
Brasso,

Good point, you're probably right actually, because Meridian became President.

andy
04/8/2019
20:26
I think MRP is a ticker that has been used for more than once and Meridian Petroleum may not be relevant here.
brasso3
04/8/2019
19:09
scaley,

Ok yes you could be right.

I'm always wary of calls out of the blue offering free money from people you don;t know.

andy
04/8/2019
15:30
President Petroleum Co.?? Or have i got my lines crossed??
Too much Steve Smith. :0(((

scaleyman
04/8/2019
14:03
Scaley,

PPC? Sorry to be dense.

andy
04/8/2019
11:17
Andy, would MRP shares not automatically default to PPC?
scaleyman
04/8/2019
09:02
Hitmark,

They normally introduce the "admin fee" at the very end just as you are already mentally counting your money, and people pay it because they think they are so close to an unexpected windfall.

Can someone post what the offer for their shares actually is?

andy
01/8/2019
09:39
Thanks Andy - I will be wary of this - Everything thus far appears legitimate
hotmark
31/7/2019
18:57
Beware of scams!

Avoid anyone who asks you for an "administration fee" in advance of any offer for your shares! It's called a secondary scam.

My friend got caught in one of these years ago, cost him plenty/

andy
31/7/2019
18:33
Me too - He is going to email me an NDA to complete
hotmark
30/7/2019
14:46
just had some foreign chap phone ref my shares in this
vauch
25/11/2011
23:46
Charts now added with the help of Rhubarbe. :)
the marlboro man
25/11/2011
20:50
OK, sent - you can remove the email addrress now..
rhubarbe
25/11/2011
20:46
Hi Rhurarbe,

I sent ADVFN an email about doing this but they said it could only be done with LSE listed stocks, but if was okay to discuss/start new threads on companies listed on foreign exchanges.

I noticed you had this done on the LFD thread but didn't want to be a pain so I didn't bother them anymore.

The above looks just perfect. What do I do with the code?

Thanks a million!

the marlboro man
25/11/2011
20:00
If that looks OK I'll send you the code but you'll have to put your email address up briefly ..
rhubarbe
25/11/2011
19:59
Bung your description about your chosen investment vehicle here. (skip to posts)ChartsLong Term ChartTSX Price6 Month Chart with VolumeCompany Website
rhubarbe
25/11/2011
19:54
You want me to send you a header?
rhubarbe
24/11/2011
18:55
I was reading the Haywood report on Mira and found the comparison with Mart Resources most interesting. Here are a few small facts about Mart Resources, part owner of the Umusadege oil field in Nigeria (first discoverd in 1974)..

Mart was one of the first foreign companies to establish partnerships with local Nigerian oil companies under the indigenous and marginal field programs.

The company's gross proved plus probable reserves were 12.9 million as at December 31, 2010.Production for the entire Umusadege field (three partners) by May 2011 averaged 10,525 bopd.

What I also find interesting is that Mira's COO & Director, David Urquhart, is the former COO of Mart Resources. Also, Moses Ojo, Mira's Manager of Well Operations, spent 4 years as Well Site Geologic Operations Supervisor with Mart Resources (and Addax Petroleum).

The figures from the Tom Shot Bank field look just a prosperous as those from Umusadege. This gives me great confidence in my holdings with Mira. I simply cannot find a better play out there..

Mart Resources: Market Cap $198m. Mira Resources: Market Cap $36m

Mira's CEO Johnathan More has been doing a lot ofbuying over the last couple of months. He now holds 7.3 million shares,representing 6.9% of the company. This also gives me a lot of belief.

the marlboro man
22/11/2011
18:46
Added Jennings Capital Report in header. Makes for interesting reading.
the marlboro man
21/11/2011
18:33
Mira Resources Corp Up Nearly 6%, Most Active on TSXV

Mira Resources Corp is the most actively traded stock this morning on the TSX.V, at 36.5 cents. Close to 1.7 million shares have been traded. Mira Resources Corp. and its wholly owned subsidiary Equinox TSB Development (Nigeria) Limited today announced an operational update on re-entry and testing program for Tom Shot Bank 1 well. The updated logs indicate that the upper interval of the U9 has a 40 gross feet of oil bearing section with an additional 52 feet in the lower zone indicated to be potentially oil bearing.

Read more:

the marlboro man
21/11/2011
16:59
News released today:

November 21, 2011
MIRA Operational Update of Tom Shot Bank

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Nov. 21, 2011) - Mira Resources Corp. (TSX VENTURE:MRP) ("Mira") and its wholly owned subsidiary Equinox TSB Development (Nigeria) Limited announce an operational update on re-entry and testing program for Tom Shot Bank 1 well ("TSB1").

Further to the preliminary results from the newly acquired cased-hole logs in TSB1 announced on November 16, Mira has continued to refine the processing and interpretation of the logs. The updated logs indicate that the upper interval of the U9 has a 40 gross feet of oil bearing section with an additional 52 feet in the lower zone indicated to be potentially oil bearing. This result correlates with the oil that Shell originally sampled in 1980 in the U9.

The U8 interval is now interpreted to contain a possible 22 foot gas and 26 foot oil interval. This result correlates with the oil that Shell originally sampled in the U8 in 1980.

The U4 has been interpreted to contain 42 feet of gas and a 12 foot oil leg, with an additional reservoir in the upper section of the U4 is now interpreted to have a possible 12 to 14 foot oil column.

Thomas Cavanagh, President of Mira, stated, "The processing and interpretation of the newly acquired cased-hole logs and its integration and correlation with the older open hole data is still ongoing. We are pleased to see that all of the reservoirs which Shell had indicated as possibly oil bearing by the recovery of oil samples have been confirmed by the new logs to have high saturations of oil.

"The lower reservoirs, the U9, U8 and U7 all appear to have been charged with oil which correlates with the oil samples that Shell obtained in 1980. This is very encouraging as it would suggest that we have significantly more resources in Tom Shot Bank than what has been filed in Mira's 51-101 Report.
"The results of the new logs have identified that the U8 interval has a gross 90 feet oil bearing reservoir which have a definitive hydrocarbon saturation of greater than 50% across a 46 foot interval. The U8 would have certainly been put on test during this program but as it is located behind two sets of casing the test will be deferred to the TSB3 well.

"The increased presence of oil in the U4 and U5 also indicates that the entire greater TSB Complex was charged with oil and contains multiple stacked oil reservoirs. At this stage we are very confident that by drilling the TSB3 well in an optimal location up-dip from TSB1 that we will be able to definitively determine with open hole logs the fluid composition in all the reservoirs that we will not have the chance to test in this occasion.

"We are focusing our efforts this week on commencing the drill stem test in the lower U7, followed by the test in the upper U7. Mira anticipates announcing the results of these combined tests towards the end of November or first week in December. The question of gross to net reservoir and deliverability is still outstanding and will be evaluated via these production tests. Although these tests will answer many of the questions on these reservoirs, ultimately Open hole logs and cores will be required to determine the best way to produce the significantly increased oil columns we have confirmed to be present at Tom Shot Bank Field."

TSB Field is located within Oil Prospecting License 276 ("OPL 276") which is adjacent to the Abana Field in Oil Mining License 114 and due north of Addax Petroleum Corp. in Oil Mining License 123 ("OML 123"). Addax Petroleum Corp. is producing almost 50,000 BOPD from multiple fields within OML 123. TSB Field was discovered by Shell Petroleum in 1980 and encountered 425 Gross Feet of hydrocarbon pay, 57 net feet of gas and 83 net feet of oil proven pay with another possible 111 net feet of oil and 29 net feet of gas pay in reservoirs which Shell Petroleum interpreted as probable laminated reservoirs.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD

Thomas Cavanagh, President and Director

the marlboro man
20/11/2011
16:44
Use TDW also, might be teaching people to suck eggs but if you are going to be trading in CAD$ make sure you settle your trades in that currency. I.e. keep your cash in CAD$ when you sell (please bear in mind exchange rate fluctuations etc...)
keya5000
20/11/2011
16:37
Well I have a tdwaterhouse.ie (Irish) a/c, so not sure if .co.uk website has the same charges or not.
the marlboro man
20/11/2011
13:13
Hi 73sttest,

I am also using TD Waterhouse. From 1st November 2011 TD increased their charge on FX conversions by an extra 0.25% (an increase from 1.75% to 2%).

I'm not sure what other brokers charge, and if this is a competitive rate or not.

I just converted to $ once and use this for all my Canadian Investments. I just hope a 2% rate will not matter in the long run.

the marlboro man
Chat Pages: 2152  2151  2150  2149  2148  2147  2146  2145  2144  2143  2142  2141  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock