ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

TFC Trafficmaster

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Trafficmaster LSE:TFC London Ordinary Share GB0007215949 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 46.75 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Trafficmaster Share Discussion Threads

Showing 11226 to 11250 of 11250 messages
Chat Pages: 450  449  448  447  446  445  444  443  442  441  440  439  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
13/8/2010
11:15
My money was credited to my trading account yesterday

Yes good question .. what to buy now!

sfloyd
12/8/2010
11:19
Recieved my cheque today
balcony
12/8/2010
09:59
Uncanny. It just appeared a second ago...what shall I buy now ?
uppompeii
12/8/2010
09:55
I think the money will be here shortly. Not yet credited in Barc account but my IG positions were credited this morning.
gerdmuller
12/8/2010
07:39
Wheres my money ?
uppompeii
28/7/2010
13:14
Thanks rest/A0 , not that I need cash urgently - if you just want a steady performer try ABC wish I'd bought it years ago and stuck with it DOM looks similar
slogsweep
28/7/2010
12:01
Date for dispatch of cheques and settlement through Crest
within 14 days of the Effective Date 29th July.

AO

a0148009
28/7/2010
10:50
You might want to put a tiny amount into BLNX it might pay off handsomely in a couple of years.The price has retreated nearly 50%.Worth a look,but DO NOT GO AND BET THE RANCH.
restassured
28/7/2010
10:44
Well after supporting this company for 7 long years ...I receive less than half of my investment back .....what a waste of time effort and money.... Following my sameday investment loss think ill just stick to bank interest from now on
charlton1
28/7/2010
10:34
You should get paid within 14 days of either today or tomorrow.
restassured
28/7/2010
10:29
Any news on when we get the 47p?
slogsweep
27/7/2010
12:12
Sold out today to get my money.
sdavis
27/7/2010
11:34
This is the last day of trading before TFC delists.
restassured
26/7/2010
11:10
Well that was that.It is over.
Just damn pleased I don't have to worry about Google giving all the technology away for free.

Good luck and good riddance to the TFC management.

More than a decade has passed since the shares traded over £11 and they sold it for 47p.

restassured
24/7/2010
16:04
bored and fighting a loosing battle. Think we are doomed, but TFC will be back some day.

tiger

castleford tiger
23/7/2010
09:11
had tmc sat nav and lost their way .... much like the company
sfloyd
23/7/2010
08:50
Where the hell is the cavalry????
restassured
19/7/2010
16:23
Interesting radio broadcast today re the use of road pricing to replace petrol duty and excise duty. Based on CO2 emissions as well. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Just our luck that TFC will go private just as all these good ideas come to fruition.

sdavis
12/7/2010
10:58
Another hedge fund bought a 1% stake on friday.
restassured
09/7/2010
20:28
Tell that to those that bought BP as the start of the year.
You always have market risk.

Luckily I switched most of my winnings into BLNX

restassured
09/7/2010
19:53
There is a chance but not very likely. Whilst I agree it's not a good deal I have sold the majority of my shares and re-invested elsewhere. The market has fallen by 10%+ in recent months giving us some decent opportunities. Even if there is another bid, how much more can you expect? The shareholders have already accepted 47p. Why would another bidder offer much more? 50p is as far as you would expect another bidder to go - that's about 7%. You can get better than that on dividend paying FTSE companies with much less risk!
tom306
09/7/2010
16:58
isthere any chance of a better deal or shall i just sell and buy something else? This has not been a good investment.
ruby2
09/7/2010
11:24
Also I have just realised why these US funds have been buyers.They may have an agreement with Vector capital that will carry through to the company being taken private.
restassured
09/7/2010
11:19
The management of Trafficmaster should be charged with fraud.....

EXCLUSIVE: 5 Reasons Telematics is Finally on the Verge of Growth
by Guest Editor Yukon Palmer on Jul. 8, 2010, a Telematics Weekly exclusive
Like many other Telem­at­ics appli­ca­tion providers, I was seduced by the over-​​exaggerated growth pro­jec­tions from the mar­ket ana­lysts dur­ing the early 2000's. While our indus­try expe­ri­enced mod­er­ate growth dur­ing the first half of the decade, it always needed some BIG things to hap­pen to help it grow expo­nen­tially. This included com­mit­ted par­tic­i­pa­tion by key mar­ket dri­vers such as cel­lu­lar car­ri­ers, cus­tomers, device man­u­fac­tur­ers, appli­ca­tion providers and investors. How­ever, until recently, many of these poten­tial mar­ket dri­vers were never really con­fi­dent enough to com­mit. I now believe that our indus­try is finally poised to take off and here are five rea­sons why:

Com­mit­ment by the cel­lu­lar carriers:

It is no secret that the cel­lu­lar car­ri­ers have been on the look­out for new sources of rev­enue. Many have been work­ing with Telem­at­ics providers since the late 1990's, but with our low ARPU, they never really took the indus­try seri­ously. Ini­tia­tives such as the Sprint /​ M2M DataS­mart and AT&T /​ Jasper Wire­less part­ner­ships are show­ing that the car­ri­ers are now get­ting seri­ous about this space in order to grow their rev­enues. They will be big pro­po­nents of the ben­e­fits of Telem­at­ics to their huge cus­tomer base, which will sig­nif­i­cantly increase adoption.

Com­mit­ment by customers:

As busi­nesses recover from the Great Reces­sion, they will real­ize that they can no longer ignore the built in inef­fi­cien­cies within their oper­a­tions. They will want to oper­ate leaner and will uti­lize Telem­at­ics appli­ca­tions to stream­line their processes and reduce unnec­es­sary expenses.

Com­mit­ment by device manufacturers:

Due to the wide range of appli­ca­tions, device man­u­fac­tur­ers now see the oppor­tu­nity to sell hun­dreds of thou­sands of devices, which will help drive the economies of scale needed to push device costs down. This will help increase adop­tion since poten­tial end users will no longer view the imple­men­ta­tion costs as being as pro­hib­i­tive as they were in the past.

Com­mit­ment by appli­ca­tion providers:

Many new appli­ca­tion providers are emerg­ing with unique prod­ucts that will grow the mar­ket. This includes Telem­at­ics appli­ca­tions designed to help insur­ance car­ri­ers imple­ment pay-​​per-​​use poli­cies. In addi­tion, appli­ca­tions such as smart meter read­ing and remote asset mon­i­tor­ing will help drive growth due to the sheer num­ber of machines through­out the world. The inte­gra­tion of new con­sumer appli­ca­tions such as Sync and mbrace by auto man­u­fac­tur­ers will eas­ily grow the mar­ket by mil­lions of new devices. There are also many remote patient mon­i­tor­ing appli­ca­tions that will play a sig­nif­i­cant role in how health­care ser­vices are deliv­ered in the future.

Com­mit­ment by investors:

As we gain addi­tional trac­tion with the cel­lu­lar car­ri­ers, cus­tomers, device man­u­fac­tur­ers, and appli­ca­tion providers, investors will see Telem­at­ics as a rel­a­tively low risk oppor­tu­nity and will pro­vide sig­nif­i­cant fund­ing to our indus­try.
Now I believe that the mar­ket ana­lyst pro­jec­tions that I and trum­peted over and over dur­ing the early 2000's are now finally com­ing to fruition. This is because we finally have the com­mit­ment from the mar­ket dri­vers that will pro­pel this indus­try forward.

About the author: 
Yukon Palmer is the founder and Pres­i­dent of Field­Logix – the provider of a Green GPS Fleet Man­age­ment solu­tion designed to reduce fleet fuel con­sump­tion and improve pro­duc­tiv­ity. His career in the Telem­at­ics indus­try began in 2000 at Tele­trac while he was also earn­ing his MBA at San Diego State Uni­ver­sity. Yukon was recently selected by the San Diego Daily Tran­script as one of San Diego's "Young Influentials".

restassured
07/7/2010
14:32
Trafalger assets managers buy a couple of million via CFDS
restassured
Chat Pages: 450  449  448  447  446  445  444  443  442  441  440  439  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock