ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

CAPT Capital Ideas

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Capital Ideas LSE:CAPT London Ordinary Share GB0031453953 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.055 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Capital Ideas Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2126 to 2141 of 2150 messages
Chat Pages: 86  85  84  83  82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/3/2010
12:48
"....It's my understanding from the recent Investors Chronicle article (it's not available online) that the "Capital Alternatives" product is marketed by a company by the name of Capital Alternatives Limited, which is not owned by Capital Ideas (it doesn't appear on the liquidator's report)".

Cheers for that Jak.
So it would appear that most of the useful assets/businesses have been stripped out at an earlier time. I wonder who the directors of Capital Alternatives Limited happen to be......

Have you received any annual/interim reports since CAPT delisted that gave any indication what they were up to?

Yes, I'd appreciate a copy of that IC article when you have a free moment.

Rgds
dell

dell314
25/3/2010
11:13
egoi - That's very disturbing!

I see that the webpages are dated 2010, so either that was a last ditch revamp prior to Capital Ideas insolvency, or indicates that all the assets have been stripped out of the PLC, leaving shareholders with squat whilst all the trading businesses continue......

topvest - What post are you receiving and when, as I don't think I've had any junk mail for at least 6 months from them (although I can't remember if they have my current address, or whether what I was getting was forwarded from an old one).

Anyone know if Bedford Row PLC is linked as they appear to hold a lot of the same "turned around" (cough, splutter!) junk holdings that CAPT held?

Rgds
dell

All IMHO, DYOR etc.

dell314
25/3/2010
10:09
For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face:

i have waited a long time egoi

falundafa
25/3/2010
09:43
the mirror must be in the Gora Hotel Ljubljana Slovenia
falundafa
25/3/2010
09:27
Thanks. Are you saying that is not necessarily the same as the business at the website above, or am I having diffculty because I am even now reading through a (somewhat smoked-up, admittedly) mirror, sideways, perhaps? ;)
egoi
23/3/2010
08:40
Jak - Thanks for that. I haven't read it yet but "The Statement of Affairs shows that only 7k is expected to be realised from the disposal of assets" seems rather out of kilter with their previous valuations of their assets before CAPT delisted!!

Presumably, those disposals will be to related parties, who've already set up Newcos to get going on their next ventures.......

I'll read the document later.

Rgds
dell

dell314
08/3/2010
21:33
Only because, if I remember correctly, their subsidiary was put into administration, but they kept the parent going. Yes, Weather Lottery is one that is still around, just...well done...you win!
topvest
08/3/2010
17:13
The Weather Lottery (which from memory I think they were involved with) is in existence.

Click on the 5 year option to see how it has done since float. I am of the view that the one year option (which comes up all excitedly first on the link) is a little misleading in that regard!!

I reckon personally that (by Renwick's standards imho) it might deserve to have been considered something of a success. ;-)

egoi
08/3/2010
12:51
topvest - That's a tough one!
All the companies I can remember that were associated with them ended up insolvent, although I think that site that egoi posted mentioned one company that was still trading.

Did they ever do anything with Dateline and are Roomtoinvest and the gold bar businesses still trading?

The sad thing is that Haddow and entourage probably had the ability to turn several of those companies around if they'd raised additional financing. Instead, they appear to have rapidly resold most of their companies on to mug punters for a quick buck, rather than take the additional time and resource to do the job properly.

Rgds
dell

All IMHO, DYOR etc.

dell314
06/3/2010
08:45
ok, here's a challenge - name one company these have been involved with that hasn't folded?
topvest
04/3/2010
12:16
Jak - Many thanks.

I sent you a message yesterday (via TMF, as I think it's a few years since we last made contact and email addresses may have changed in the meantime).

Rgds
dell

dell314
03/3/2010
10:17
Hmmm, IIRC, wasn't Haddow the main creditor here? Presumably, directors have decided to take the bits they fancy and stiff all the other shareholders in the process...

Anyone know if the seminars posted by Egoi are still going ahead? It would be good to have someone familiar with the exploits of Haddow, Moore et al present to inform any other attendees about the current status of all the companies that the presenters proudly link themselves to (I think only one of them is still trading but I could be wrong). I can't imagine Renwick's run in with the FSA will be too heavily featured in the presentations, either!

Is anyone able to upload the letter about CAPT administration here?

Rgds
dell

All IMHO, DYOR etc.

dell314
26/2/2010
14:37
And, calling treacle, have you enrolled here? Some names that may be familiar to Capital Ideas veterans?
egoi
26/2/2010
13:35
Does the 'treacle' link make it a case of a 'sticky end'?

Sorry, I'll get me coat! (And sincere commiserations to anyone who did their shirt here).

And to think a few short months ago they were (supposedly) bidding for the Observer!

What does intrigue me is who will buy what, and for how much, from the liquidators?

egoi
25/2/2010
23:10
I see the Curse of Treacle has struck again; I wonder what the odds of FPS being the next to go must be ?
tiredoldbroker
19/10/2009
16:45
tks egoi, Have been in touch with them, they have said the same thing. Will just wait and see.

Tks again for your advice

apples0114
Chat Pages: 86  85  84  83  82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock